Fictional Drinks

Thanks for the explanation ben. I know Andrew, but in magical world of Advertising you will notice that a product shot of a can of drink is almost always condensed and wet with droplets. It appeals to your senses more. This is a great way to control that:) Thanks again

wow! 5* nice work!. side note, duff beer is not fictional, I am looking at one now in my shelf :slight_smile:

Fantastic! Good use of the shaders.
Thank you for the reply.

WOW… an excellent collection. I hope people will click on the pics for a larger view. I love your ingredient list for Grog. Thanks for taking the time to lay out how you did the drips. I’m really surprised on your comment about creating much of the labels in Blender. Great job, all the way around Ben.

@aermartin: Indeed. Some of them have had “real” versions. Interestingly though the Simpsons creators have never officially licenced a legitimate Duff branded beer, though many companies have sold unlicensed attempts at some point or other. There was a company I think in Brazil brewing and selling “Duff” beer for some time that got shut down recently. The closes legitimate thing to Duff was when 7-Eleven shops in the US were rebranded as Kwik-E-Marts as a promotion for the Simpsons movie, however they only sold a Duff Energy drink, rather than a beer, I guess as a PR decision given that it was a family film.

@harleynut97 Thanks. The full size views are definitely recommended by me! The ingredient list is a bit of trivia from the game - theres a group of pirates in the first MI game that lists the potential ingredients of Grog. I just guessed that they were all in there.

Here’s some screenshots of one of the labels in blender, from above:

And from an angle - bascially I use the z-axis like someone would use layers in photoshop or whatever.

I then render out the different components of the design as layers and composite them in Photoshop. This is where I add the effects like outlines and fill effects, drop shadow’s etc.

1 Like

Hey I’m just now finding your Fictional Drinks you made and would like to tell you that they are absolutely amazing! Is there any way you could make the Purple Flurp soda can from Jimmy Neutron? I know you made all of the other fictional drinks back in 2013 but I think it’d be cool if you could make some more. Maybe also try making some Perkacolas from the Call of Duty series or Nuka Cola/ Nuka Cola Quantum from the Fallout series.

I would love to have like a canvas print of the slurm can you made. I’d pay good money for it as well if you would do something like that. Also if you would do a canvas print of it I would also buy a print of a few other of my recent Fictional drink suggestions I just commented :blush: