ficks MMORPG-s (Version 1.1 released)

Hi,
I played your game, it’s very interesting, and it’s a pretty complex setup too.
It’s cool to see you persevere through this and finish the game, congratulations!
And good luck on your next project.

Thank you PhilB! I really needed that, Since you mentioned it I’m actually busy working on a similar game with another theme, I been working on this “fan” game for a long time and its just refreshing to be able to work at a faster pace, blue printing and so on takes a lot more work than just spitting it out of your mind into Blender.

Also, I would like to add, my minions are no where near identical to the minions in the movies, the majority of them aren’t even Yellow, if you look at the screenshot at the top of the post, you will clearly see an orange one, and a green one and a pink one in the background!

The imgae says otherwise.

You even have the Gru symbol on the texture.

Yet you call them minions.

… this isn’t a court room first of all, second of all theLaurunt you are 17 years old, you only joined the community last year and obviously not qualified to have an opinion.

Seriously, if I haven’t made it obvious already, I have already answered you query, you might be slow, but you should seriously get the message.

You have trashed my entire thread with your rubbish, there will never be a court case…

XeroShadow : if that image (or any part of it) is anywhere in my source files then I’m a ripe idiot, the G this is there because its a part of the minion design! I never said it wasn’t a minion!

Seriously now, theLaurunt, accusing me of wrong doing is both negative and abusive, I have you on ignore… now *$&% off!

Oh yes, and here is an interesting but irrelevant fact about minions, the design comes from “twinkies”

That’s way out of line, Eyeball. Every person here, in this forum, has the right to an opinon reguardless of age or lack of talent. This clearly come to show your reaction to the comments here. There’s a right way and a wrong way to react to comments. By telling someone to (expicit) off was clearly out of line.

We are all here to make sure that a member of the site doesn’t fall by the waste side because of the use of copyright work. You have to understand this from another perspective. Think about what happened to the ill fated game, “Flappy Bird”. The only orignal element of that game was the bird itself. The entire background was using elements from the Super Mario Brothers franchise and due to pressure from Nintentdo, the createor had to take it down to prevent further legal backlash. Of course, the creator will never admit it why he had to take it down, but that’s the main cause of it.

Once again, a person does not have to play the game to make any opinons about it. You need to calm down and apologize for that remark that you made.

EyeBall, unfortunately most all of the comments here are correct. Copying the likeness of trademarked material is not legal without prior permission. Most of the time you can get away with it for personal use, but it’s still very borderline.

I suggest you read up on the issue. Here is a good place to start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark_infringement

In addition, when other users express valid concerns–in a friendly and constructive manner nonetheless–it is not acceptable to respond so negatively. For future posts please see the General Conduct section of the Forum Rules: http://blenderartists.org/forum/misc.php?do=showrules

I’m closing this thread since it’s clearly unable to stay civil.