Feedback please! On my latest project (sculpting)

For a change I moved to retopo. But the sculpt is not final yet. I am still working on its detailing.

back armour

hand armour

body

Great work all around so far! The topology looks perfect as far as I can tell. I’m really looking forward to seeing this guy textured!

Keep up the good work :smiley:

Love it… My only issue with retopology… You loose the wonderful details :frowning:

I’m fairly certain he’s just retopoing it so that he can apply the normal map from the hi res model to the retopologized one.

Ah, okay… That’ll work :3

If I am not wrong…front teeth are emerging from upper jaw. Because just as you are saying if its from lower one it will not make any use and sense,too. I have decided to stick to the concept and achieve at least what is shown in concept.:slight_smile:

My progress on body retopo…

aarhh…im very slow at modelling even if I do it many times.
PS : Modelling = I will be a noob.

Looks more dense than it probably needs to be, but good regardless! Keep it up :slight_smile:

Dynotopo WIP

A glimpse of texturing. 50 sample render. Just a start into texturing. Everything basic and flat.

looking good so far.

Nice creature! Waiting when you add teeth and clutches. Maybe it’s too late but on concept he has more crocodile-like mouth in corners, i mean short horizontal line in the end which make him predator look.

I totally missed it…I was working on teeth so I went a little back and improved jaw shape,too.

will have to work on retopo a little bit again. If its constructive then its never late I guess.

very cute.keep it up

I’m lovin it. I hope I do so well when I get started
in that direction… right now I’m still playing with my
Python audio visualizer project, and honestly, the
few attempts I’ve made with sculpting in the past
were rather daunting.

I think I’ll start with something simpler… like Pac-man!
:wink:

Christopher

Very good work.

Some progress in texturing. Not getting much free time these days.

Just colour and Occlusion on teeth,nails and body. working on its texture. Im a bit confused in skin type. Like what it should be exactly. Not that rough like rhyno and smooth is not looking that good. Need to try different options may be. Suggestions welcome on that.

I’m loving it! I’m also about to dive into the sculpting thing
myself… daunting. For your character’s skin texture I’m
thinking somewhere about halfway between the sleekness
of a tree-frog and the bumpiness of an alligator.

I’m not sure what he’s supposed to be, but I get a bit of a
reptilian vibe. Great work!

Christopher

Thanks @Daellus. Yes, sculpting is fun, give it a try. Yes, I am experimenting on it. What looks best will go.