Fear

Looks really good! :smiley: I must say though, I didn’t see the ladybug until I saw comment #14 and the metal shader looks like wax, not metal… Almost as if Sub surf scatter was used. It is emphasized on the top left barb as well… Other than that, this is a terrific scene! I especially love that patch of moss to the right of the barbs :yes:

Mind blown…so real!

It is photorealistic, I can´t see a story there, the art is subjective sometimes.

It gives me a Last of Us vibe for some reason. I love it!

Here’re a few possibilities: Barbed wire is generally not a good thing to stumble into for one of us, and might ilicit a sense of fear, a-la “I’m not in a place I should be”. To a ladybug, however, it’s just another structure to sit on. Fear is subjective.

Here’s a better one: Jumping spiders live in little web tents like that and are known to leave a trail of thread behind them to break their fall. It may be the story is that the lady bug has no fear despite being in the lion’s den, so to speak.

Nice, love the little things like the droplets on the threads. Plus I swear there’s a painterly quality to it.

Very awesome. Love everything about it.

Props! Very nice

Great work!
I am very interested in realistic macro-renders, and i’m trying to create something from time to time, but i am still a beginner. A tutorial would be amazing!

Good sense of realism!

Such a simple scene and yet so impressive! Congratulations.
All the detail is very nice. I love this kind macro world scenes.

Great work reynante! Also enjoyed your podcast with Andrew Price.

Thanks,
Tim

The wire texture and the moss are really cool :slight_smile:
Keep up :cool:

removed - double

Very nice render!

Here’s a picture I took back in 2007 with my very old K750.
This is a Swiss barbed wire.

Not much difference to what you have done. thumbsup
Even the thin spider web is on your render!

Attachments

Thanks! Looking at it now, I’m hoping I could’ve made some of the tips as in the photo you took, where there’s a clue as to how it was cut (protrusion in the mid-section of the tip). :wink: