esgeee - Sketchbook

A Troll. Or ork. Whatever:)
I sculpted it from a cube with dyntopo, then did a quick automatic retopo in 3dcoat, back to blender for detailing and texturing. I rendered it with cycles @150 samples, then a quick pp in GIMP.

A small wip

boszmeg! :smiley: very nice creature! I like it!

Nice character mate! Really like it. I love the colors too.
Would you mind to share how you did the fur on cloth? I`m trying to get a similar type of fur for my project too. :slight_smile:
Cheers!

Thank you guys! I really appreciate your feedback!
As for the fur: i did it because i wanted it took look like as a real scene but not just a render a of a sculpted head torso. However i did not want to spend a lot of time with it so i cheated with it as many as i could: first i modeled a very basic cloth without any wrinkles or details. Then i unvrapped and textured it with a photo of real fur (maybe wolf?). This way i could reduce the number of hair particles dramatically without the loss of density (which reduced also of course but still not looking ugly). So i used 1000 particles each with 50 child particles (see settings in attachment). The fur material is a sligthly tweaked version of the one of BlenderGuru’s “Sintel hair tut”, i tried to imitate the color of the real strands with a color ramp. I hope i can find a nice tut about the cycles hair shader nodes, but until that i will use this solution.

good works!! like all Especially the first one!!

Thanks a lot mate! That was helpful. :slight_smile:
You should post this on the finished projects if you haven`t already.
Cheers and good luck!

Long time no post, now there’s some progress. A raptor, yes not a unique choice…however it’s a good ooportunity to practice anyway. Textures coming soon;)

Testing textures and materials. I am not sure that i won’t go back to modeling/sculpting stage to fix some issues. But i just don’t want it never be finished. I also started to create a skeleton for rigging, hopefully next time i’ll post a posed one.

This time a quick sculpt made in about an hour. I was using the awsome dyntopo feature with constant detail and subdivide/collapse all the way. I rendered it using the gl render (thanks to Kfir Merlaub for the nice tips!). I also created a small timelapse, hope u enjoy!
cheers

and the timelapse:

And another quick sculpt, i was doodling actually. No textures, no painting, only a vertex baked ao map inverted and colored. Hope U like it:)

Timelapse: