Environment and Animation WiP

but I really like how the decals for the patches came out

And you are right with that, they look ultra realistic. Just like what we see every day on our roads.

Thanks, means a lot to hear that.
Sorry your roads suck. :wink: Bwahahahahaha

Now I like the asphalt and I removed some of the sidewalk fracturing.
I think it feels more natural now, thoughts?

The road is looking great Anthony. I curious as to whether you have tried baking yet in cycles? From you comment in post 60 you mentioned you converting this to cycles. Just wondering why you wouldn’t do the baking of the textures in cycles from the start?

But either way you’ve got a very realistic looking road going on.

Not sure why it is being done this way, just following along and learning as I go.

Thanks for the feedback. Just got another material put together, learning a lot about GIMP in this series which is great.
One more material to bake out then I think the series moves on to props.

Lighting is just a VERY rough approximation so that I can begin bringing the materials closer together now that they are, for the most part, where they belong. The decal will take some playing with to find just the right places for them. Anyway, just a bit more material tweaking and the ground will be finished, then buildings & props. :spin:

First run low poly bake of the larger wall bricks.

Added some color variation so there are 3 different base colors in the mix.
I think this should be a nice base to start from for grundging it up.

The variation you have added works really well on bricks and the grunge will certainly finish it off nicely. I’m enjoying watching your progress on this.

Thanks Harley, I got it just about wrapped up tonight.
I still want to add a bit of water staining maybe but I sort of like them how they are.

Man you are so far pass me I can’t even comment except to say keep it up.

I ain’t all that great “old” man, you could do it easy enough. If I can learn it anyone can. lol

Here are the small bricks again but in a wall pattern rather than a floor pattern.

A little more detail work on the bricks.
I think I’ll leave them be for now until I get them in the secen and see if they need more or less.

Got the wall cap and footer finished and added a detail for the center which I think breaks it up nicely.

The center detail was supposed to be the cap but turned out it looked better here so I just flipped the footer and moved on.

I like the bricks. Good work on their texture.

But the big stones in the middle look as if they would stick out of the wall. That’s maybe because the dark red bricks below them create the illusion of a shadow. I wonder how it would look with only a band of red bricks in the middle.

They actually do stick out from the wall. :slight_smile:

I can try the red bricks only.

In the process of adding some grunge to it so ignore the incomplete state but here you can see the shape of the wall a bit better. The cap and footer are seperate pieces as is the center detail and main wall chunks.

All of the small brick parts in one shot.

Moving on to concrete I believe.

Minoribus, here is one with the red brick like you suggested.
I think I will for sure keep it in the mix.

Brought in the large stones just so I had a shot with the completed stone works.

If I ever need a fireplace… I know where I coming to! No shortage of bricks at this thread :slight_smile: Which one are you leaning toward using?

Yeah, I have been all over the place with them I know but it has been a heck of a thing learning how to use GIMP to paint my own stuff. The last image is how each of the brick sets will look going into the final scene. At that point they may get some tweaking once they are lit and in cycles but I feel these are real close to final status.

Oh and I would be honored to build you a fireplace.

As long as it did something cool like catch a rug on fire…:wink: