Edge Render Thread

Here is a Mech Heart using the Displace modifier technique for modeling and this Edge technique for the render.

Attachments

@Atom: Very cool! Thanks for joining in! :smiley: By the way, it appears 2.67a Freestyle is working fine, so I’ll get some stuff done here soon, and thanks again! :smiley:

Here is my test, thanks for the concept Vicky! I realized that if I turned off ray-tracing, firstly it had no effect on the look of the render, and secondly it decreased the render time from thirty seconds to five! Anyways here are some renders of my Z-95 Race-Ship in Tron style blue. :smiley: Click for more detail!

@PhoenixSmith: I have clicked for more detail, and I approve!! :smiley: Very nicely done, and thanks for checking out this thread! Hope to see more people trying this out, I wasn’t really expecting anyone to, so it’s a nice surprise :smiley:

Sure! I really like the ease of use and quality of the final renders! Thanks for sharing! Here is another little test. :slight_smile: This one can really only be seen if you enlarge it. :slight_smile: Sorry, but the bigger the image size the more detail it carries over.

@PhoenixSmith: Well done again! :smiley: I guess I’d better get to work on one :wink:

Thanks again! Here is another test (now I am getting addicted!)

@PhoenixSmith: Another nice one! :smiley:

Here’s another with light and spec. Please check it out up close:

VickyM72 ooh pretty, real Tron now. Nice texturing.

Thanks a lot! :smiley:

Here is a lowpoly (2414 vertices) assault rifle made for a game, with tronish style lines. :slight_smile:

And a lowpoly sniper rifle in blue! :smiley:

Enjoy! :RocknRoll:

Rock on PhoenixSmith! :RocknRoll:

Here’s my latest:

2000 X 2000

How wonderful, VickyM72!!

paolo

Thank you so much sourvinos!! :slight_smile:

You are showing here a very good artistic sense as well as a nice technique. (5 stars)

Thank you,

paolo

@sourvinos: Wow! Thanks again!:smiley:

Here are some funky tests with particles and lots of composting! :slight_smile: The main grid is just subdivided plane that’s randomly stretched out, and uv spheres are emitted from it’s vertices.

PheonixSmith, that’s so retro! Cool stuff. Just imagine telling some cutting edge CG artist from the 80’s that we are turning out back on Cycles to render line art! :slight_smile:

Thanks! Yea, but I really love cycles, but the BI is still great for cartoony/retro renders :slight_smile: And for speed! Cycles is so slow at times… :wink:

I found a stash of some low-poly guns I modeled a while back hence the assault rifle ans sniper rifle, and now I found a shotgun! :slight_smile: So here are two renders of it. And what has been pretty much my node setup for compositing in all my renders. I changed the colors for each image and changed a few things, but it has been relatively the same.