Easy Lattice editing addon, you are going to like the way you lattice

Thank You YAFU. I was stupid once again. It works great and is very useful indeed.

Man, your addon is totally fantastic, one suggestion when you create 2 lattices in the one mesh object, the addon replaces the vertex group, and so the first one stops working altogether, could you make it detect that it already created a vertexgroup, or even add a little text input in the easylattice menu to define the name of the vertex group and lattice object before hand?,
that would totally rock!

All the best man, your making me enjoy rigging super cartoony eyes.

Thanks for this useful addon!

Hi

Well I can probably do something like that but i do not have time for those changes nowadays. However if I ever get back to it, this is on my todo.

This addon works with a temporary vertex group therefor it just replaces the lattice and the vertex group evertime you recreate it.

Hope you ever get the time, to me this should be a trunk feature of adding lattices, it’s super convenient.
Thank you for responding tho.

hi k,

many thanks for this addon first off. it is extremely useful!
do you think it would be possible to still implement a selection alignment?
this would be sooo helpful!

cheers christian

many thanks for this useful addon :D, how I can add a hotkey to it? or then put it in a pie menu?

use

object.easy_lattice

for hotkey

many thanks, it works perfectly! I added to some of my customs pie menus:

I would like to but I do not have much time nowadays.

Hello.

great addod, but it crashes Blender when the model is displayed in local mode (with / key)

Ffritma

Thanks for the report. It probably crashes. I never tested it in the isolate mode. I will try to fix it when I have some free time.

Gorgeous addon ^^

Any news on the selection alignment? That would really make this plugin indispensable for me!

I can’t load it.What’s the reason?

Attachments

What do you do with the lattice_create blend file. Do you install it somehow?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\kk_QuickLatticeCreate.py", line 401, in execute
    main( context, lat_props )
  File "C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\kk_QuickLatticeCreate.py", line 369, in main
    run( latticeprops )
  File "C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\kk_QuickLatticeCreate.py", line 321, in run
    bbox = findBBox( obj, selvertsarray )
  File "C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\kk_QuickLatticeCreate.py", line 183, in findBBox
    minx, miny, minz = selvertsarray[0].co
IndexError: list index out of range

Have this error all the time, even on just added cube

I need to look into it. Are you using it in the edit mode while you have some vertex selection? It is meant to be used in edit mode

Try in edit mode, this is to add lattice around vertex selections

Oh, sorry, my bad. didn’t know that. Everything fine now