EARTH 2128-space shooter. Exe file!

I’ve worked a little bit on the explosion animation and i really don’t know if it looks good. Should the explosion start from the front or from back of spaceship or mayby from center and go in two directions? Let me know what do you think.

The object should split itself from the spot where you just did the last hit. it should look more real. But i dont know if its possible for you to create that logic. Anyway i find the replacement of the big spaceship is great! Still it has obvious difference of them since you an see the replaced mesh has less depth than the original. Make both abit similar and faster fracturing maybe?

The explosion should start from the fusion core, work its way through the ventimg chambers, and tear up the hanger…

Is there a way to make a 3d radar like this?
I dont know how to start with this. A little explenation: Green dot player ship, red dot enemy ships, blue dots enemy ships but far away(more then 500units).

with ui elements the easiest (but not always most efficient if they have more than 100 parts or have physics enabled) way to make them is to redraw them each tic. So start by removing all the dots placed in the last pass then add each new dot in the right place. This means you don’t have to keep track of each dot object over time. For ob in scene.objects is much easier to work with than for radar_blip in radar_blips when getting rotation and positional data.

For placing the dots you could either try using vectors or matrix transformations. Without some testing I’m not sure of the best way to do it. For dot color you can just use getDistanceTo() and property checks.

I’ve started to change everything in my game (switching from NEAR and Radar sensors).But i’ve got a problem. I want to use a Laser weapon and i’ve found here a real good laser script. The problem is that I want it to go through some objects and some not. Can someone help me modify this script to work like i want?
I know that maybe i want too much but im not a coder, not everything is clear for me for now.
Here is example file:

Left Mouse button activate laser beam.

Edit: I’ve Learned that it cannot be done like i want, the ray sensore can’t ignore object with collision enabled so i will have to find a difrent way to do this.

Some new things added: small simple hud(just to test), laser beam gun, health bar for enemy ship.
Still work: explosions and AI for small ships.

I’ve worked a little on the HUD and new Crosshair for my game, it is still not 100% done.
What do you think about this new HUD?

Great! I’m not a big fan of this kind of games, but I have to say that you have done a great work there! Is there an option for a cockpit view?

Thank you for feedback mataii. There will be a cockpit view in the future. This Game won’t be a full space ship simulator, so don’t expect it.
Now when i have done most of the things with my space ship, i will try to prepare at least 2 missions for the demo.
Still i haven’t got any working 3d radar.

Some new things added, very early menu, and a message system for the game.
Also the game name " Earth 2128".

Incredible gameplay. Good and solid graphics and very professional interface.
I think that the gameplay could be more exciting if you add more movements to the spaceship, like lateral avoiding or a turbo.
And the distances between objects are too long, but it gives you a impressive sensation of immensity.
And excellent and beautifull backgrounds.

Wow, this project looks very promising!

Szacun! :slight_smile:

Some new things added to hud like speed bar.
Also space ship is now able to speed up a lot!!
I’ve also add some sounds to it.

This is a link to executable file.
Check it and tell me what do you think about gameplay.
This is only a Menu scene and small part of first level, one huge ship to destroy. Controls are in the menu under options.