Early Morning Breakfast

I thought your breakfast was doughnuts… :wink: nice work.

Amazing work Andrew! Brilliant work

Unbelievable. Andrew your blender guru website and tutorials are finally what convinced me to stick with blender all the way. And cycles. Keep up the good work

i think the problem might be the butter is dry… when butter melts the edges do soften like that but if there is no liquid butter coming off it looks weird. I found this photo to demonstrate, the edges look the same softness as the render but there is liquid

So I think… either make the edges sharper or add liquid to make it more realistic perhaps?

Anyway I love the render and cant wait to sit down with a nice sammich and watch the tutorial :smiley:

it is wonderful your photography is really good loved it:)

Great. Now I’m hungry. Thanks. =)

Well done! The butter looked pretty good, and it conveyed the message pretty well, I think. But there are always improvements to be made, I s’pose.

Dan

So where is the poached egg with a bit of black pepper and some bacon;) It looks good enough to eat well done and congrats on another top row

Nice image. Although it is already finished, here’ s a suggestion for realistic plates of butter:
For the butter, maybe you should add a bit of butter smear on the plate and the knife. As the bread and the jam are already used, i’d expect somebody also took some butter already, which would result in some butter smeared on the knife.

Well, I’d have expected more from an A.P. piece.

I think an overall weak point are the materials:
The Butter was pointed out - however it’s also very dependent on where you are. I’ve seen all shades of butter from clear white to almost orange, some with more SSS some with less. I guess it’s just what your eye is used to from daily life.
The material of the cutlery looks odd. Neither stainless steel, nor silver. (anisotropic shader for metal maybe?)
The material of the espresso glass looks not so sexy (maybe too high IOR?), and the espresso iteslf neither…

The composition:
Is there really a need for so much bread? - yeah I know, bread’s the topic though.
One In the foreground, one in the focus and a third one in the background and one that I first had mistaken for a bun?

The models:
The loaf - I’ve never ever seen such a perefectly symmetrical loaf :wink:
It looks like you tried some asymmetry in the details, but those 4 whatever you call it are just too perfect - the OCD in me would appreciate one of those on the table though :slight_smile:

That said, the bread is great, I believe you the plates and also the marmalade, but the awesomeness of the bread can’t hide the weak spots.

DAT BREAD >.>
Damn im hungry now.

yep…this is BlenderGuru :yes: great work man…

Hi. Nice job. :slight_smile:

The image of the slide is not symetric of the rest of the bread, it must be as a mirror. Check next time you’ll cut bread.

(Sorry for my bad englsh, it’s not my firt language :wink: )

nice work!
the shading on the top of the bread looks great, and the tiny chunks of jelly are a very nice finishing touch

but I have to say, the silverware looks really out of place to me. I don’t think I’ve ever seen silverware without some sort of detailing on the handle - even if it’s just a raised outer edge. And without textures, it kinda gives away the cg look.

with that said, I still think it’s a really nice render. congrats on the featured row!

Great work… Let’s share the bread please… :yes:

CRITIQUE: You didn’t teach us how to do that incredible jam in your tutorial. :wink:

Agreed, it’d be jammy if you could do a text+pic moment and walk us through it.

:eyebrowlift:great composition!wow!
I am impatient to see your Architecture Academy teasers!!!.

Great work Andrew as always.

+1 Butter competition

Butter looks exactly right, soft and melty in the sun, the jam in the jar is also well done. This is really a render that evokes the senses.

I think its amazing.
ive subscribed to you on youtube and am always looking out for new tutorials.

But im not quite sure what is in the glass in the top right corner, is it a beverage, or a candle of sorts.