DVD training: Character Animation

Awesome, this with the mancandy dvd will make my life much easier as an animator. Ordering soon.

Does anyone know someone qualified to teach Blender basics to someone starting from step 1 in this part of the world. Books and tutorials have not been enough to get started from the very basics, and we are looking for someone to give lessons.

Hey,
maybe the “Blender Basics” series from Cartoon Smart would work for you? Check it out here: http://www.cartoonsmart.com/blender_basics.html

gralag - welcome to the forums! Just to clarify, which part of the world is ‘this’ part of the world? I have signatures turned off if that is where you have written your location.

Are there any english subtitle for the dvd??

Mine arrived today, the first 3 movies are very clear. all’s great so far.

No subtitles, sorry.

- FreakyDude: you already have it ?
If I dont get it by tomorrow, maybe this monday! :x
I know it was shipped…

- elnaza: English subtitles? Williams english is that bad? He’s got excelent accent and english,
have you seen the movie demos ?

• gralag: If you dont try doing excercises by yourself you wont learn. I’ve learned trough Blender 2.3 Guide and Blender Wiki, you know wiki.blender.org!
    Cartoon Smart, as OneManBlend mentioned, is excelent and free! He teaches very well… But I believe you’ll be better practicing, and reading, you’ll retain more information and then you can see videos…

Good luck!

I live in the netherlands, shipping took quite some time according to the standards here. I used to be a truckdriver, we have a thorough distribution network over here. Order something in the morning, if it gets send before noon by the shipper, chances are it’ll arrive the next day, before you even have a tracking number in your inbox… package received, checking email, “ow yeah, hey! yeah good to know it’s on it’s way lol”. 2 days is pretty common for a lot of stuff. So a week is rather long.

Mail to the netherlands that’s coming from Belgium is another story though… A few months after I had received my certificate for ADR advisor, a letter arrived inviting me for the exam :O… or a newsletter for a sale in november arrives in januari…

Back ontopic
William’s english is very good, and he made the movies with breakdown lists before he moves to another milestone. Which should make it easier to follow along if you don’t fully grasp the language. So far it all looks really good.

heldrida:

English subtitles would be helpful for those who are deaf or hearing impaired.

JarellSmith:

You’re right!

Anyone else got the DVD yet?
Didnt arrived here yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Netherland shipment to Portugal is slow as hell…for something that small

I’m in the USA, mine hasn’t arrived yet, but I expect it to take at least a week from now.

Not to sound rude or anything, but isn’t hearing important for a character animator? I mean many if not all shots use dialogue. Again, it’s a question, not an attack. :slight_smile:

yeah, hearing is extremely important!
Tough, someone who doesnt hear, can also express himself with body language.
Actually in animation, thats a really important part, or the most important :slight_smile:
But, yeah, its not easy to discuss this.

Interesting hun

hmm i ordered it around the start of the new year and have not gotten my copy in the mail yet. Has any one else had to wait this long?

from what i hear, it seems worth the wait :smiley:

grarr28: Hi! Yeah, same here! But, well…From what I’ve heard about shipment, it started last monday 12 January. I’m in Portugal… I’m imagining I’ll get it tomorrow… ok maybe not… but at least before this friday!

Things from UK usually takes 2-4 days! I even ordered stuff in a friday, and got it right on monday! that was extremely fast!

From Germany, is 4-6 days. So, I supose for Netherlands… 6-8 days ? I cant remember other items I bought from Blender Foundation… but I guess it was 7 days.

I’ll update, after getting it on my mail box :wink:

Yeah, its worth waiting, thats way theres all this buzz and stress. Not to sound rude!

thedaemon

Sure, no offense taken :slight_smile:
I was just trying to provide an instance in which subtitles would be needed.

I would agree that it would be difficult to get a job with the typical animation studio in which most/all of the final animations include sound.

Though great art doesn’t require it. Charlie Chaplin did fine for quite a few years without sound, and I believe there are some animations out there also with no dialogue.

So for some people it would help to understand the material.

Whee!

Got mine today in Adelaide - South Australia. Given the distance between here and where it was posted, most people who ordered just before new years (like I did) should have theirs now or soon…

No comments!

Still I didnt got mine… Maybe Friday :stuck_out_tongue:

I know mine was sent 12 January previous monday , last week :stuck_out_tongue:

South Australia is really far compared with me… in Europe… but thats ok, yours was bought probably before and sent first

PS : By the way Ben, when did they shipped yours? Can you check on mail package ?! if still there…

Strange. No stamps or anything now that I look, just the Blender Foundation invoice/info thing. I think mine usually goes through France at some point.

thats ok!
I’ll wait a few more days (I supose… friday…I’ll get it)!