Dream (Short Film)

I’m am glad to know that you can do this nice stuff with a free software.

So am I lol thx Hans Zimr and Morteza!

I really feel like your animations got better towards the end. Especially in the beginning it was a bit too slow and lacked details(e.g. eyes blinking)
at 23sec the texture suddenly appears.
when he enters the street the cam is too shaky for a calm scene. But this might just be my opinion
to decrease rendertime in future projects you can bake lighting. Saves a TON of time.
at 1:30 the tilting of the hallway would have been easier to see if the shot was from the side. I only realised what was going on when he was falling
Aaaand finally the enourmous credits at the end. This is just personal taste but if you are alone or in a small group I think you can just place you name statically in the end. I mean if it is only you who made the whole thing it is clear that you made all the modelling and animation

This might sound a bit harsh now but i really enjoyed your animation and i know how much effort was put in it. Still, there is still room to improve and i think a few ideas and tips could be helpful for you next project

Don’t worry it doesn’t sound harsh at all. I can take some critique lol :yes:.

Thx for that first part. Possibly the reason for that was I watched a whole bunch of animation tutorials, techniques, and references while doing the project.
When he enters the street, I added camera shake to resemble a hand-held camera look. Thats just my preference cause I love hand-held camera shake!
Unfortunately, I found out about baking the lighting a while after I had finished it.
When he is falling, I didnt show that the hallway was turning from a wide view because I couldn’t think of an environment to put the hallway in.
And you’ve got a point with the credits haha. It was unnecessary to put all those credits at the end lol. I didn’t do the character modeling though so I did have to put that in the credits.

Thank you for your feedback and Im glad you liked it :slight_smile:

I really enjoyed this. As someone said, the animation gets better further into the film. But…not only the “animation”, but rather, the “feel”, the “ambiance” becomes more developed. I can imagine if you were to redo this whole film, now having hit your stride at the end of it…like Inception Lite packed into 45 second.

I have a question, though.

I am curious how you did the VERY last “VFX” portion, right before he wakes up in bed. Where he is “falling up” the corridor back into his own head right before he pops awake.

It happens so quick, but it is very powerful…and I could easily be wrong, but, is it at least a little bit more complicated than a static camera and rapidly moving the floor up to the camera? If that is all that it is, the flashing of the lights in that split second is EXTREMELY effective in emphasizing the speed and chaos and fear and shock of that split second, and really accelerating and accentuating the movement!

Creepy. The way environment changes immediately is impressive. I say it’s a win.

Thx ibrahimersoy!

Your feedback is truly encouraging, arcarsenal. Thank You! It inspires me to make another short!

Now to answer your question. First of all, in the part right before he wakes up he is not “falling up”. What is happening is that the mirror room that he was in earlier is falling back down on him. and the reflection of him is what you see when you say he “falling up back into his head”. But the way perceived this part is interesting. So yes, it was that simple haha. All I had to do was animate the mirror room falling back on him and add an inception sound. Thats it :yes:

I appreciate your feedback and I am glad you like it :slight_smile:

Wow excellent job johnny. First of all congratulation.I saw this film from the youtube.It is a nice short film.My parents and childrens are like it very much.

Thx douglaswilson! I’m your parents and children liked it too :smiley:

awesome love it

Thx p.proj Im glad you liked it!