Dream of Generations

Fantastic job! Datsun’s Z cars are some of, if not my favorite japanese import cars, so i was excited when I saw this. Unfortunately, the car in the render looks like most real Datsun’s these days, all rusted and starting to rot :smiley: but the composition, grass, and models look fantastic, as well as textures. Excellent job!

Amazing! Just amazing. Kept staring at the screen for sometime, wondering whether this is actually CG. Perfect! Would like to be able to create renders at your level some day.

Thank you!

Ah yes, I love the design of the Zs, they are AMAZING! They are right up there with the latest generation Toyota Supra for me :slight_smile: Yeah, it is sad that a lot of them are rusting out :/, same with my other favorite Japanese car, the 1981 Toyota Hilux. WHY MUST RUST BE SO CRUEL!?!?!?!?! Although I am a bit luckier then others when it comes to looking at old cars, I live in Arizona, so the cars are preserved for the most part :smiley:

I’m not a big 3D cars fan, but this one has a very special thing to it that makes it really beautiful. The story telling is very nicely done. Excellent work.

Ahh I missed some posts oops,

Hmm, the scale of the fence should be correct, but you are not the only one saying that, so I need to figure out what is making that fence seem so big, maybe it is not blurry enough. Also thank you!

Thank you Aku! I am glad it’s retained your attention :slight_smile:

I remember when I was staring at CG works. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING, is to NOT say "I will never be this good, make sure you say “I can be this good someday” Also I know it sounds lame when people say this but practice makes perfect. Also what helped me a ton is going onto Turbo Squid and studying the topology. OH, another big tip is to add “camera” artifacts. Such as lens dust, DOF, bloom, lens distortion, lens flare, and Chromatic abrasion.

Ah, thank you, it means a lot to attract a non 3D car fan:). I am glad you like it! I will have to do more story telling in my art. I remember back in high school my teacher would say “make your art into a story” which was brilliant advice. Sadly my teenage mind didn’t listen and I continued drawing plain cars. I still do plain cars, but now I am going to spice up my renders with a story like this one. It is so much fun and gives the artwork more depth :slight_smile:

aaaaa the Zee Car… I use to have one of these… had the dual Mukini Carbs… Varpor locked like a %#@$&*… but it was fast when it was running… and man could it take a corner…

What, nice! What color was it? Did you take it to the track at all :open_mouth:

Also my dad was talking about the Mukini Carbs, they need less adjusting. Yeah I bet these things can corner. I can’t wait to see what they are like on the road! :smiley: