Dragonslayer

Weightpainting transfer tool what is this new devilry?

Sry for the late answer… :frowning:

You need just a weightpainted Mesh and a second without and nearly the same shape. Then go to the Weight Painting Mode > Weights > Transfer Weights. It opens a tool shelf with some settings find your settings and then it works (I’m not sure if you must press Transfer Weights again or not).

edit Select first the one with and then the one without weights (I hope that was the right order)

Ok, that was much harder than expected to make around 7 smoke simulations and 2 particle systems looking good on just one frame. I’ve made hundrets of smoke simulations and also many test renders. After I found the right render settings for volumes it works much faster, but I think I’ll never do this again this way :smiley:

Here’s a Screenshot of the Smoke Simulations…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]389820[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Man it looks amazing but really… Work your character pose.
I must say, toward all the work and talent you’ve put in this, that the pose is really above the general level.

it really lakes of dynamism and it doesn’t look natural.
hope you’ll find the time and will to rework it…

Amazing work! The scene and characters look great.

I must agree with pieriko though, the posing is a bit off. It isn’t terrible, but it doesn’t connect with the scene, and it looks more like he is posing on top of a rock, than on the dragon. Since the dragon is very much alive and dynamic, I believe the Dragonslayer should be more active in the scene as well.

Other than that, fantastic work!

You are right, it looks really not perfect, but I’m more sad about the wasted time I’ve spent into the smoke simulation, I’ve spent to much time for it and I’ve planned some other things next few days. I think the pose is ok, it won’t change the whole image. I’m happier about the standalone charakter poses. I’ll try to fix that, but the small top of the rock was also a bad choice for that artwork, it’s simply not enough place to pose him, but my poor Laptop needs a break :smiley:

I’ve tried to fix the first pose and I’ve also tried a totally new one, but I like the old one more, because he looks stronger and determinedly. I’ve also tried many others, but to dynamic didn’t match with his heavy armor.

Epic work dude! I think you should give the character more armor plating.

No, the armor is definitely finished :smiley: but I’ve decided to make another artwork with the last pose, but this time I’ll render the layers and compose them in Photoshop or as image layers in Blender with nodes, so I’ve got more control and it works much faster.

I think you should take a camera and a friend and try many different poses almost for free. Also take some animations and look at how the poses look in the animations.

May I advise he hold the sword with twoo hands, pointing it donward in a piercing position instead of slashing.
increase back bone bending, try to give him a large S curve pose.

you may put is left leg pushing the dragon head to increase submission feel to to your scene

Of course, but without motion blur it looks like a statue. The Motion Blur in blender with Nodes is not really useful in most cases and the other one in the render settings needs too much rendertime.

I think the first post is just fine. Looks good, IMO. It looks powerful. And the dragon looks like an angry reptile lashing back. Brilliant work. Really cool.

Sometimes it just needs a nice kick in my lazy ass (thanks guys), enough sleep, additional Photoshop and a visit from a thing called inspiration. I think this one is much better than the old image and the smoke simulations were also useful. I’m just not really sure if I should use him with or without his mask, but I think with his mask it looks a bit more mysterious.

edit This is really the finished artwork, maybe later I’ll make another one with more action.

That’s agreat piece.
you should signal this thread and ask ot to be pushed to finished project so that you’ll have a great chance to meet the to row.

Just excellent. Very flashy, but stunning, kind of like something from The Hobbit.
Personally, I prefer the pose in post #23 better than the latest. The full frontal pose just doesn’t look cool to me, and I think it’s better to have the knight in blue ambient light while the dragon is illuminated by fire. You could also tune down the texture contrast on the dragon’s neck. But whatever.

Click the litlle triangle with a ! Under your avatar picture in any of your post in this thread and kindly ask the moderator to move your thread to finished projects.

Ok, thank you :slight_smile:

@Owldude thank you :slight_smile: The Hobbit? :smiley: Why? Do you mean Smaug?

It is great,keep it up