Dr. Steel

Thats perfect! looks great even in blender view!

Wow this is one of the best things I’ve seen done in Blender! I’d love to see this on the front page of Blender.org.

Great Job!!!

With this you have:
A: made a render that I really can’t tell from the original without a magnifying glass.
And B: Introduced me to Dr. Steel’s website, which I am now hooked on.
All-in-all, I would call that great work.

It would be an awesome picture by itself…except for the milk.

You just can’t pull off a “tough” aura without milk, you know?

I love it, wonderful!

Nice ,i like it

Wow, love the high detail of the image. :smiley:

Hi.
I’m new to Blender.
Can you assist me by answering my questions?

The character wears a shirt and a vest on top of it.
How was the character designed?
Did you create a naked character and somehow clothe him?
Or did you create the character already wearing those clothes (the clothes and the character is one object)?

If you create the clothing separately, then how did you manage to get the cloth to fit him so well?

Same thing for this model. There isnt a shirt and skin under that vest. I only modeled the layers of the model that are currently visible. It just doesn’t make sense to me to have something on the model that would never be seen and causes problems for me later on as well (clipping wise).

The wrinkles on his shirt look so realistic. Did you model the cloth yourself or did you use physics simulation for that? And if you used physics simulation, how did you wrap his shirt around him?

thanks!

I wish that could work automatically. Every time I try to set something like that up, the cloth ends up all over the place and at weird intersecting angles. You might have better luck with that method than me though.

I used a reference and sculpted the cloth, this was much quicker for me.

You should send it to him, I’m sure he’ll like it! =P

Very impressive.
And I agree with the text of the original.

Excellent, thanks for sharing the possibilities.

Nice copy of the original! I think reproducing art is one of the greatest exercises. Nice portrait.

Hah, that’s awesome. Very good likeness, and very steampunk. Good work, sir.

The Image Blew Me Away!!!
Give you,
5 stars for this:*****
Actually six stars:******

Bravo! Really good work.

awesome. the beard in the area of the ears distracted my a bit the first time i watched the render, but then i watched the original photograph and even in that the beard looks a bit strange to me :slight_smile:

good work, very nicely done.