Does Blender do ANY useful exports properly?

Sorry, I’m not familiar with psk, but as far as smoothing groups, isn’t that the same as applying modifiers? Sub-d ect.

Unfortunately, I do not build games, right now, just stills, so the info I have to give is limited at best. I do know about the export problems Blender has from trying to import them into nDo2 that, at the time, only would accept FBX. The next release of that will include support for .obj, among other things. The smoothing groups you mentioned are Blender’s equivalent of “Apply Modifiers” isn’t it?

Cheers

I don’t know…I don’t think so because it is an option on export of psks at least.

Here’s the latest result of attempting a psk export. In Blender all is well, the weights are perfect, the bones are perfect.

http://abload.de/img/blender2013-07-1609-1hpsy5.jpg

Export as psk and then re-import it into Blender (or import it into 3ds Max…same result):

http://abload.de/img/blender2013-07-1609-180sgu.jpg

In this case, the bone weights are correct (rare, in my experience - usually the nice gradations for the bone weights get totally rewritten and turned into all on or all off - full red or full dark - and bones that shouldn’t have any weights at all get assigned weights) but the skeleton and mesh are totally out of sync and the psk unusable.

I’ve also been trying various settings on export of fbx and in no case are the weights correct after export.

Hi,

I have been meaning to export an animated mesh into UDK. I can’t get it right using FBX. Whatever the options, it only updates the animation, not the skeletal mesh itself. The XNA hack option was destroyed in 2.67 and later (tested 2.69), it exists in 2.66 but it doesn’t seem to work.

Has anyone here ever managed exporting a correct FBX to UDK using Blender ?

Here i recorded a quick video tutorial how to export animated mesh to UDK via standart FBX exporter without “mesh_rotated_90°” problem

Hey, thanks. I moved to UE4 since this, and your unparenting trick does not seem to work. I still have the same exact problem with the animation being 90° off while the mesh looks okay without anims.