Does anybody build on Win32? I can't get any of the build options to work.

si senor :yes:

I even uninstalled and reinstalled it

This is particulary odd as it appears as if ‘cvtres.exe’, which it keeps terminating on, is the last thing before blender.exe. How can it get the whole way through the compile without any exceptions then it can’t find the file.
I’m installing vc updates 2 maybe that’s the ticket

That wasnt the ticket

Oh, ok I didn’t think of that in the first place. Installing Update 2 is mandatory to compile Blender.
But the cvtres.exe error is strange… Do you get a erroro message with an error code?
cvtres generates an .obj file from the .res file of blender (icon and stuff) to be linked with the exe.
Normally this works fine. I am confused, but VS 2012 seems to have some strange bugs that don’t follow any logic :wink:

LNK 1158 I looked it up it just says it cant find filename not particulary usefull.

It worked just had to reinstall the operating system…
Maybe all the 32 and 64 bit versions of the same software being reinstalled so often made a mess, or something can’t say I really have any idea.

Thanks for the help Shadowrom, I really appreciate it :wink:

You’re welcome Captain.
Have fun with your custom built Blender :wink:

Ok well after a few successful builds cvtres.exe issue is back. I didn’t even close down the command prompt between builds, it worked, I tested my modifier made some changes, a few syntax errors, tried again, got passed my modifier and and the very end LNK1158 cannot run ‘cvtres.exe’.

There’s gotta be something going on here.

Could it be as simple as something I don’t have on my machine that most people do?

Hmm… Could also be a file system error… Hard disk failure, or even a problem with your ram.
maybe you should run some diagnostics on that :wink:
Sometimes even antivirus programs break compilers :wink:
i had this with python and bitdefender…

Windows updates…

It was a missing windows update the whole time…