Do you use Ubuntu, Windows, Mac OS or another OS.

Ubuntu 4 eva best operating system ever Windows sucks just saying

Ubunto 64 and windows 8 64

Amiga, obviously. Still the best OS.

Spectrum 48K here

i am much superior because i use basic

I do all my desktop computing with a calculator and a pencil

EDIT: Wait! What?!

wait! what??

Been using everything under the sun since 1981. Remember TRS80 and Sinclair? My favs have been Win 3.11, OS/2 Warp 3 & 4, NT4.0, Sun OS, SCO UNIX, Red Hat, Caldera, SuSE, Win200, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Fedora, Gentoo, PCLinuxOS, Ubuntu, Mint, Ubuntu w/Gnome3. (In that order).

Currently using Ubuntu 12.04. Occasionally Vista (I will NOT pay for Win7) and I plan to try Win8 soon. (Can they finally win me back?)

PS., Linux “Market Share” may be hovering just over 1% but their desktop “User share” is about 10%-20% (Conservative to less-conservative estimates). Windows “Market Share”*is hovering at 90% (Desktop market) but its “User Share” is between 80%-60%. Again, Mac OS “Market shares” is between 5%-7% but its user share is estimated between 9%-20%.

This is due to the fact that ‘market share’ measures number of units sold each year. Most Linux Desktops are never sold, 99%+ of all Desktop PCs sold is tallied as a Windows sale even if Windows is replaced by Linux or some *NIX and PC users on average upgrade every 6-24 month while Mac users tend to do so on average every 3-7 years.

I’m using Mac OSX 10.6.8 and have been a purist for THIRTY YEARS… I can’t STAND Windows…buggy, difficult, unstable, virus-prone…and EXPENSIVE… Oh wait… Apple’s goin’ down that road at a zillion-miles-an-hour these days, too… <sigh>

So, at least for Blender work and RENDERING (Hello Apple? How about supporting NVIDIA cards, so ADOBE apps will runs properly–not to mention all the other higher-end video and 3D apps that REAL professionals use…)

So, perforce, I’m now SERIOUSLY looking for an affordable “Linux box” that I can fill with several “discarded” NVIDIA cards-in-parallel, and get on with some serious (well, dedicated hobbyist…) rendering!!

PS: If anybody knows FOR CERTAIN how to “jailbreak” a MacPro tower to be able to BOOT Ubuntu Linux NATIVELY (so it can “see” the hardware, incl. NVIDIA cards…) PLEASE let me know… (apologies for “shouting” but the “OS Wars” are comin’ home to roost around here these days! :-??

I was pleasantly surprised to see such a civil discussion. After a quick count this is what I came up with for those who have replied so far:

Mac OS (Any version): 4
Linux (Any version): 10
Windows (Any version): 11
Amiga: 1
Spectrum 48K: 1
Basic: 1 (LOL)

At work I’m using MacOS, Blending at home on Win7 Enterprise (Lenovo G550) and writing this right now on SliTaz 4.0 (minor linux distro) ‘cause nothing else runs on my li’l ol’ ASUS L3400. I’m real Linux euthaisianist but when you see my daily digital behaviour, you might consider me as an “OS blender…”

I use Windows 7, i never used Linux or OSX.

Im using Linux Mint XFCE for now but Thinking to go to Debian again when Debian 7 comes out. I also expeled all felines and house parts from my computers.

I 'm using Windows 7 64bit, Fedora 16 64bit with Mate desktop, don’t like Unity or Gnome3 that’s why I left Ubuntu and sometimes macosx Snow Leopard. I find fedora very stable in general btw.

OS X at work and at home.

Windows xp, windows 7.

Ubuntu 9.04, 12.04

Fedora 17, 64bit.

I hate windoom, I am forced to use it at work (Win 7). Love linux but it has been a fail with me for many times, with corrupts installs and fail boots, I do hope one day to move completely to linux but that day has not yet come.

And at home I have macos which I love to death. My imac together with my old home computer Amstrad CPC 6128 hold the record of computer that has not broke down in 5 year span since purchase.

If it works , dont fix it.

Win 7 at work Mac Os at home. Where is your Linux machine?

i tried to dual boot the pc at work, and install at home on my imac. Both have been failures. Have tried both ubuntu and mint.