Damned Soul

this is how i feel trying to learn blender sometimes

This describes me when it’s Monday morning.

Awesome model, nice job.
Keep it up!

Also known as “Angry Beethoven.” Awesome work! Great topology exercise.

Sloppy background breaks the image, IMO. Nice materials though!

Absolutely amazing, just wondered if you could show a lighting setup and wondered if you mind sharing you PC specs, i’m guessing you used a multiresolution modifier for the sculpting. Thanks James

Thank you. I have an i5 and a GTX 750Ti. I first sculpted with Dyntopo, then retopologized, then added multires to the retopo mesh with shrinkwrap modifier to transfer the details and then did some additional sculpting.

Lighting is very simple. I used area lamp and an emission plane:

And in the second shot I used only area lamp.

Really nice! And I absolutely love the shader. I’ll be implementing some nodes from your shader in my Marble shader for sure.

Excellent!!!

Masterfully executed! I watched/scrubbed through the time-lapse. Thank you for sharing, as it provides inspiration and insight to understanding how such art can be made. Excellent and deserving of the top row.

Great work! looks really convincing:)

very nice sculpt.

This picture makes me smile! The sculpting is beyond awesome! I’d love to be able to sculpt like this!

Hey, nice sculpt! You captured the likeness well.

And I can’t be the only one who sees it and hears…

I agree. I would say it’s even more than opinion, really. It’s become a solid truth now.

3D sculpting’s developed to such an integral part of every 3D industry’s pipeline, that the sculpting tools in Blender merit some much-needed attention (that is, if Blender continues to want to be the all-in-one 3D package for the FOSS world).

Auto-retopo (and better remeshing) would put Blender in a place no other 3D package goes. I hope that whatever big project Blender does next, it takes a focused look at improving sculpting and texturing.

Maybe they can look at implementing that quad-dominant remeshing they proposed a while back. Or I hope that RetopoFlowcan grow to the point of featuring auto-retopo features (and perhaps even some dynamic remeshing tools).

Maybe in seeing the rise of talented sculptors such as yourself and Doris, we’ll see sculpting (as well as texturing) receive some much-needed focused development, and take Blender to a new level. I love particles and physics and stuff, but the way I see it, every 3D studio needs sculpting and texturing more.

(By the way, if you are considering buying ZBrush someday, I’ll tell you this much: It’s worth every penny. No offense to Blender at all, but ZBrush is a giant drooling beast that’s always hungry, eating anything you feed it.)

I only wish it wasn’t so many pennies :slight_smile: The bust can now be bought on Turbosquid.

Great work Tvaroog! Good thinking putting it on TS, it could be used as a decorative object in someones’s high-end archviz project or something.

Thanks so much for this image and posting how you made the marble!

This is truly inspiring. Thanks!