Cycles Standalone Engine

More updates:

• Render can now be paused (P-Key)
  • Additionally to the mouse, W/A/S/D keys can be used to move the camera in interactive mode.
  • Proper camera updates when resizing the window.

I uploaded a new win64 binary to test + updated the .xml examples.
http://blender.dingto.org/cycles_standalone/Cycles_Windows64.zip
http://blender.dingto.org/cycles_standalone/Cycles_Standalone_Examples.zip

Press “H” to get an overview of all options in the GUI.

Impressive! this could definitely open up Cycles to the rest of the CG community by not being linked to a certain software.

From what I see in the pictures is amazing congratulations. But I’ve tried it in windows 8.1 and does not work I’ll be doing wrong?.

Por lo que veo en las imágenes es increíble felicitaciones. Pero lo he probado en windows 8.1 y no funciona que estaré haciendo mal?.

Can you be more specific please, what does not work?

You have to open it from a command line, double clicking on it will not work.

Looking Good DT, Is this only a binary release or have you git hubed the source version (also ive been trying to get baking integrated without good results, have a think bud. Any chance within the next week or two?, Killed my main machine today after the 100th or so blue screen of death trying to find a result, reinstall immanent but not willing to keep on with it for now). Cheers

Sorry DingoTo, the problem is not how to run a sample file.
I know I run it from run> cmd run the program and I am unsure as to follow me.

Disculpe DingoTo, el problema es que no se como ejecutar un archivo de ejemplo.
Se que debo ejecutarlo en a partir de run > cmd ejecuto el programa y me quedo sin saber como seguir.

Hi cusa123, you can run it from CMD with “cycles.exe \path o\scene_monkey.xml” for example.

Cheers, mib.

I’ve forgotten how to use some command lines so this is where I stayed. Le eh given file path reference above and nothing. Also no longer bother sometime Ships. Thanks now I think as anger in my amd 7870 ed.

Me he olvidado de como usar un poco las líneas de comando así que esto es donde me quedó. Le eh dado la ruta del archivo de referencia más arriba y nada. Igualmente no se molesten ya en algun momento saldra. Gracias de momentos pienso como ira en mi amd 7870 ed.

Copy all example files and folders into “Cycles_Windows64” folder, then you have all files in the same location.

Then simply run: “cycles.exe scene_monkey.xml” for example.

scene_monkey.xml read error : file was not found

“cd” into the “Cycles_Windows64” folder first, maybe?
You should google for basic Windows CMD line usage.

@3DLuver: The source is in out git repository, just as as the rest of Blender. Standalone specific code is in intern/cycles/app.

If you don’t want to use a command line, you can also open one of the test files by left clicking and opening with the “cycles” application not sure if this works on win 8 though.

Try

cycles.exe .\scene_monkey.xml

@DingTo : there is source code from cycles standalone ?

As I said above, the code is in our Blender git repository. https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/master/intern/cycles/app/

For some strange reason I went back to put the path again and now if you let me. At times I did it wrong. This cycles2 good the alternative is like a cross between “mitsuba render” and “smalluxgpu” no?.

Por alguna extraña razon volvi a poner la ruta nuevamente y ahora si me deja. Por momentos no se que hice mal. Esta buena la alternativa cycles2 es como una mezcla entre “mitsuba render” y " smalluxgpu" no?.

@DingTo : thank you and sorry if it ask twice :confused:

Updated docs, xml examples and binaries, now also with an OSX version (hope that works, probably requires mavericks though).
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.6/Source/Render/Cycles/Standalone

Lukas improved OSL support today, so any arbitrary number of OSL input and output sockets works now.

Amazing!. DingTo consultation may put some scene hair?. Pass all the scenes, the only one who comes out with a black box is “scene_osl_stripes.xml”. Amd 7870

Increíble!. DingTo consulta es posible poner alguna escena con pelo?. Pase todas las escenas, la unica que sale con un recuadro negro es “scene_osl_stripes.xml” .Amd 7870

For scene_osl_stripes.xml you need to pass “–shadingsys osl” as parameter.

cycles --shadingsys osl scene_osl_stripes.xml