Cycles Mesh Emission Too Noisy For Production

I rather mean this:

@Bartek, thanks for the node suggestion. I think it does actually reduce the noise for the glass portion of the composite. I also watched your videotutorial on the Light Path node, very helpful.

Here is 90 sample rough draft from my laptop. It already looks cleaner than my 9000 sample starting image.

@zeealpal: The AddOn that ships with the official Lux render engine is flawed and does not work on 2.71. I was able to get Lux to render by pulling a new version of LuxBlend from the bitbucket, however. So thanks for the suggestion. Now I need to do a material conversion for the scene. I tried the automatic material conversion but it does not seem to work on all Cycles material node trees.

And 3 hours later the 900 sample render.

These light bulbs donā€™t appear to be illuminating much in the scene. They arenā€™t really reflecting off of the car either(or the floor for that matter), but maybe thatā€™s the car paint. I had been imagining something like this ever since you posted this thread:

Maybe you donā€™t want it as bright as that, but those are the kinds of reflections and lighting I was picturing.
Make that car white for testing purposes, and see what kind of reflections you are getting, you might have more troubles than just trying to punch an emitter through a glass light bulb. :slight_smile:
These guys seem to be putting you on the right track more or less, so Iā€™ll let people who play in Nodeville a lot more than I do take care of that aspect for you, Iā€™m more concerned about the overall scene. :slight_smile:
EDIT: Youā€™ll also need some kind of environment, whether it lights the scene or not, and you have to make sure your lightbulbs gel with that as well.

hey, I know this topic is old, but I love the look of the original photo. maybe with the new improvements in blender you can get this to work?

1 Like