Critique on composition needed !

Hey, great work, but he looks a bit rotten to me. try to rework the mouth and make more visable teeths. also give the ears more depth. also if you could add a bit more light to the scene, that would be great. not just a brighter set, but like a spotlight of some sort. so you get more dark/bright spots on the face.

other than that, GREAT JOB!

It is very nice if a bit “greasy”. I don’t know the reflection seems too high for real skin.

What texture did you use for the eyes btw? Did you draw them? They seem pretty darn realistic.

I actually pulled them off of the internet ! So I can’t take much credit for them but I felt they suited my vision !

@danny10117 if you are looking for a good article and some tips for composition, I have a great article on Blender Unlimited (http://www.blenderunlimited.com/top-5-elements-of-composition/) that you should most definitely check out!

Hi Danny, nice model so far! Here are some things I think would improve your render a lot:
The shoulder guard texture looks funny. Is it stretched? It also doesn’t look like metal.
His ears look like horns made of skin. Perhaps you could use sculpting to carve them out more? I just think the holes are too shallow.
The lighting is definitely off. He’s a nasty creature, but he’s lit like a beautiful model :wink: Don’t try to light everything. Instead, use the shadows to define the shapes. Also the light doesn’t match the background lighting at all.
As for composition, his pose looks very stiff and he’s not really doing anything. Try twisting his head or body so that he’s looking to the side as if something caught his attention. Adding in a sword, bow, or other weapon could only help.
I think this shows promise though, so keep up the good work!