Creature 0.3

I admire how detailed his skin is. A little point I’m not sure about is the amount of glossiness on his shoulders. When you sculpted that I thought more of a horny and rougher skin like reptiles have.

Other than that really great.

OK,

I’m done with all the rigging, shapekeys driver etc…
It’s been a very hard stuff :smiley:

I’m currently calculating a short turntable with animation.

Breathring, roaring, crouch position, facial expression, tong mouvement :D, belly moves, muscle deformation (arms, legs, breast)…
I havn’t made correctional shapekeys everywhere because it’s a never ending job and I have to create additional rigging for every of them.

I believe Maya muscle simulator is a more advanced stuff and allow a better workflow but I want to showcase blender can do it…
I’ve seen arround the web that somes are developping such addon, but It seems still rough for the moment…

I believe this could be a great enhancement for blender to beat pro software on other fields :slight_smile:

This is the first animation of my creature.
A simple turn table to check if everything is moving smoothly.

There are still some distorsion on the texture and ok… everything is not perfect but I like it for the moment.

Eeeewh, I can smell it’s breath… hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

Great job pieriko, superb job on the rig…
Keep it coming…

Cheers,

Here is the preview of the animation. (viewport render)

I’ve kept the environement lowPoly, my aim here is pure animation.
I’m gonna make a new tutorial on muscle deformation driven by constrained bones base on this model…

Hope you’ll like it.

Wonderful job. Can’t wait to see it rendered.

+1 on the tutorial. Great animation. Very much in awe. Always kind of feel a little bit stupid when someone posts an image of a great model, mentions how difficult it is going to be to rig, and then a week later has it rigged AND animated (“just” a draft, no less), and it is every bit of twice as good as something that I would show off to friends as the pinnacle of what I could accomplish.

This looks really good. I like the animation too. Nice work.

Impresive! good work!

Impressive animation stuff, great job ! Can’t wait to see more of it.

:smiley:

Well… currently the rig took me like 3 days of work to be done but animation way more.
From settling to polishing you have to count one to 2 hours of work per second of animation.

Thanks for your nice comment BTW

On its way.
I need to recover all the render output but I can’t access my workstation for the moment.
Hope to have everything next week.

Awesome looking lizard-guy. Seems like the kind of character which even could be considered physically strong and tough, is probably a big softie inside. Maybe it’s because he reminds me a bit of Yoshi? (Many rounded shapes. Doesn’t really have a mean look about him.)

–edit-- (Just scrolled to the vid… Seems like I guessed right on the personality.) :slight_smile:

As for saliva? I thought of something, but never tried it. (Might work?) Make a mesh that overlaps and follows along with the animation of the mouth. Main material is something fluidy and clear. Then texture paint a transparancy map, but instead of just a single image - make it an animated texture. Or perhaps mix two animated textures for transparancy. One for some general semi-random drippy-ness, and then another one which is also driven by the mouth animation that relates to how spittle film breaks up as the mouth opens. (Not sure if that sounds right, since I’m trying to mentally picture something that I haven’t done yet.) Stuff like fluid simulation seems like way too much overhead if you don’t have the computer power to throw at it, so it’s probably better to fake it somehow.

Hi PAuljs_75,

Currently, I havn’t added the saliva and already rendered the animation. I havn’t had time to figure out how to do this.
But your theory is pretty interesting :slight_smile: . I’ll have a try.
I thinck I will have some saliva on a still image to illustrate the animation post when it’s ready.

Thanks for your feedback on this one.