Craig's 3d Sketchbook

Yes, I need to get some more work done on that - probably turn bump off I guess :smiley:

Salad from physics in viewport :smiley:

Just out of curiosity, how did you pull that off? I was wanting to do something similar a while back, but never finished the project.

My best summary: I made the individual carrot piece, individual pea, and also the bean. I then set a plane shaped like a square bowl at 0,0,0 - and I moved the veggie objects to like 5 units up in Z. I set them on different planes by putting the pea on top, carrot, then bean so that I could switch to top view and then use Alt-D to make instances of them. Once I made enough to what I figured would work, I set all the veggies in wireframe mode to Active in the physics tab in the tool bar - the bowl, I made passive. I then pressed play in the timeline, and paused at the frame I thought was cool. I moved the bowl to another layer, and rendered the frame from top view.

I hope that made sense. To me, it is so much better than trying to use the game engine for simple collision/pile up for this kind of stuff.

Here is a screen grab from earlier

They look yummy.

Thanks! I tried to keep some realism with it, added the little fibers coming from the side of the berry as well :smiley:

So we are proposing a few ideas for possible designs, and this one I used some of my blender work in.
I used photoshop to composite the bag and the fruit, as well as some small color correction. Illustrator for the layout and gradient elements. Fingers crossed that they decide to use this, because then I have 6 other bags of foods already rendered and ready to go :smiley:

edit: have to retract until later when they get the final go ahead - looks like it will be, and then I’ll have a line of product packaging where I can point to using blender :smiley:

I am really loving the curve stroke method combined with the crease tool on dyntopo - I can carve very smoothly and deeply with a lot more control than I coudl just using the smooth stroke itself.

Getting ready to model details and extras in this, and then go about texture painting with the new 2.74 tools

Attachments

Made some updates during lunch

got a little work started on the paint side of it :smiley:

and I hope to finish this, and then maybe I can put it up on blendswap if it is good enough lol

Getting there, but the color map is 48 mb for just the green stuff, and the others aren’t as large. 4K is cool though, you can get some serious detail in there :smiley:

Very very nice Greg!

Thanks you, Michalis! That means a lot to me!

I am trying my hand at a proper scene here - but my computer is already having issues lol

I think I should have started an actual wip thread for this lol

This looks cool, love the decals on the helmet. Only thing to crit are the bits of debris floating over the cracks.

Kind of covered it up

Made some assets for an illustration at work, hopefully it will go through. I needed something original and that fit in with the transparent bag I made in blender, rendered in cycles, so I figured it was best to go that route as well. Took the results to Photoshop to composite and color correct, and then brought it into Illustrator for the layout. Works liek a charm, and so much easier than trying to ‘draw’ or ‘paint’ the same in PS by itself.

Attachments

1 Like