congruence of two parts

I separated the inside form the outside

hope you see the shape

is it possible to cut the top part horizontal may be
might help !

happy bl

@RickyBlender You understood all my problem !

the upper part has an inside and an outside : I would like to keep the outside intact , and adapt the inside to the shape of the lower object.
So I guess that once we have the outside , IF there is a way to make the outside a solid(Fill the cavity), we can then easily do a boolean difference with the lower object. But I tried closing the outside with faces ( F ) , even tried Alt + M , but I’m not obtaining a filled solid,therefore the boolean is always failing.
Cut the top part horizontal ? to remove the little ups and downs on the junction you mean ? If there is no way to avoid that, I will then have to find a way to regive that margin a kinfe edge shape.
What do you think we can do ?
Thanks again

And btw if you want to cut a little bit horizontally , the object is a bit tilted when you put a lateral view.(I think you can see that , so if you want you can just set it straight to obtain a regular horizontal cut).

Where is the original blend file ?

let me try to see what your constraints are which I’m still uncertain

in last pic you can see the inside which is like a 1/2 sphere
so the bottom opening is smaller then the max width of the inside

do you need the shape of the inside or not important?

if not I would get rid of the inside and work only with the outside perimeter!

or inside needed to make a 3D print may be?

when you says fill cavity ?
elaborate may be make a hand drawing

bottom outside shape
I mean I can work with the shape but not easy cause mostly tris !
would be easier if it was horizontal to select it

elaborate on this constraint !

shape of the joint
if we select let say outside bottom you can extrude move or project this onto the bottom part
elaborate on how this can be done

happy bl

Here you go :

For the inner part highlited in your last picture, It is not important to maintain it.I want to replace it with the shape of the lower object.

What I mean by fill cavity The upper object is like a room with 5 closed walls , with only one opening on the down side. I want to close that opening with a wall,and fill the whole object (Make it a solid).

No it wouldn’t help me to cut the bottom outside shape.I dont want the ower object to have a flat surface,or else the distance between the surface of the lower object and upper, would be much bigger that it is now.

The ideal sequence would be to mount both objects on each other,then delete the excess of each part in the other part, and fill the gaps between the two objects.(I can’t do it because boolean is not working when the two object arent fully in contact).

I’m sorry if I can’t explain it propperly,If you think it’s tiring, it’s fine , I will try to manage,You already helped a lot,thanks.

it is an interesting project so don’t worry
just need to understand what you want and how to do it !
sorry if I ask a lot of questions !

now for the bottom part do you mind if I try to make it horiz or not ?

it is moving forward should not be that long to complete hopefully today if you check often
I may ask a few more questions and show what I can do with it

thanks for your feedback

buy the way are looking for a method to do that for other models like that
or just do this one ?

also trying to make a script to select the inside faces
which is difficult cause of the shape!\may take one day to complete this

thanks

Yes it would be a problem if we cut the lower part horizontally.

I don’t really need a method to apply for other parts,doing this one id kind of enough.

Another summary :

I have those two upper and lower part.
Upper part has inside and outside .
Outside has to stay the same.
Inside has to be adapted to the lower part,so I can place the upper part PERFECTLY fitting on the lower part, without gaps or excess.
Another way is to keep the inside of the upper part intact,and adapt the lower part to it.
The final position of the two parts when they ar placed one on the other is as shown in this picture.

Hey!

Would something like this work for you?

the bottom ob seems to be smaller then the top one
so how to make the joint ?

cannot do a projection can bring bottom top down and fill up space !

is it possible to rotate ob to fill up as much ?

thanks

@Vandorious Thanks for the effort, but you joined both objects . My goal is to have two separate objects that can fit perfectly one to another.

@RickyBlender, A rotation wouldn’t do the trick.I need it to be like in the picture i posted in the previous post.On the other hand,Yes the bottom part is smaller when you remove the inside of the upper, so yes bringing it up and filling the gaps (by adding to the upper part) solves my problem !

you need anything else
or you good with it ?

happy bl

@RickyBlender Good with with what? Thanks for everything btw.
I think I’ll settle with with another model that’s alredy finished.

Thank you all for your help .Great forum.