Concept Racer

Beautiful work all around, 5 stars is all I can offer you!

Five stars is my vote too!
and to quote Comeinandburn " …this should be on the main page of the new blender.org… " In the new Gallery . I do however see that this is part of a bigger project so Richard may not want it there yet.

Thanks for sharing Richard. A quality to strive for, Inspiring too.

Really amazing. I’d like to know more about how this was rendered, but truly awesome work.

Brilliant work, love it!

Stunning work indeed.

Girls and cars. Always fit just right. lol
Awesome work man. :slight_smile:
Congrats on the top row.

Fantastic work! Congratulations!

wonderful racing concept car, love the design :eyebrowlift: nice position of the intake valves for the jet very sound realistic design…

is that a movie?

Awesome work. I would also like to know more details about the production; those finishes do indeed look too clean for a Cycles render.

Red planet? Aaah, I can allready see Mars Racers with your cars!
But why link on this picture shows same poster with different words (short actually) on top? L.A.G.P.? That Sounds more Los Angeles Grand Prix. But how is it connected with “Red Planet”?

hahaha the girl is definitely real http://www.flickriver.com/photos/richardupshur/7413430720/
and here hahaha power of google http://modelogic-ric.agencysuite.net/web/talentDetail.php?talent=1681

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Yes, she is real – in the shot posted here: every bit of her. She’s a professional model and a personal friend that I work with quite often. :slight_smile:

As for the rendering: the 2nd image (with her in the foreground) and the renders of the weathered car are Octane. The others are Cycles. The posters were BI with freestyle.

@Wwza7 – the poster started out with the Red Planet text but changed to the LAGP in a later version – I grabbed the wrong one for the thumbnail. Again, I have to give a nod to Andy Rohr for this particular design.

You got some really inspiring renders, i did check out your photo gallery on flicker

Stunning work! The Octane renders look really, really nice - the paint job is just awesome. Oh, and the design and modeling are top notch, as well!

May I ask what references you used for the racers wheel motors? Like what are they based on? I’m thinking of doing a future project with something kinda similar so much is appreciated if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile:

@RealityFox – The references were alternators and motorcycle brake assemblies. And more generally for the car: many types of F1 cars and suspension, F16 turkey feathers, and the air intakes and rear stabilizer of the P51D Mustang. The mirrors are based on the mirrors used on the Honda CBR900RR.

Just amazing! Awesome done!

This is amazing.

super cool!!! I like realistic renders rather than NPR