Colorful Sparrow

Great work mate. I agree the image is a bit overexposed

Amazing work! Something about the lighting/post-pro makes it a little easier to tell it is CG, but overall very convincing work!

Yea, this is really, really nice. You just don’t see many photorealistic animals being done, so this is a welcome sight.

Another featured animal in the Blender Zoo!!!

Great work, and congratulations on making the front page.

That’s a fine passerine you have there.

Oh wooow, thanks for the top row :eek:
And thanks for all the praise! I’m a little bit overwhelmed :smiley:

No problem and thank you! You are right, I/we took the freedom to deviate from its real counterpart for a few reasons. One reason for example is that the director wanted the sparrow to look kinda magical.
Regarding the birds anatomy we had to cut some corners since we were just 2 people creating the bird and didn’t have much time. So we focused on the most important parts to sell the illusion.

@hartj57
No, you are right, the picture is a bit overexposed. I made this deliberately hoping to support the photrealistic effect with imperfections. But I honestly can’t say if that was a good decision.

@AceDragon
Thank you for noticing the wooden post! :slight_smile:

Congratulations on Top row :slight_smile:

amazing! guessing on the body strandparticles, and the wings are textured mesh?

@aeromartin
Correct!

The less colorfull is very realistic

Well,

Craeting environement is not that difficult as it obey less constraint than character or hardsurface.
But, I agree it as to be done cleverly to avoid performance consuption.

Try something simple and not to detail with main blocks and then work with particles ( a lot).

Lighting a nature scene is pretty tricky.

Can’t wait to see what you’ll do.

Only Artists who can create a realistic environment for their shots are true artists.

Nice work :slight_smile:

The feathers look great.

http://i.imgur.com/55hpVXb.png
Am I the only one?

Very nice! What part of the rendering are you most proud of?

Thank you!
That’s a difficult question. Maybe lighting and the model itself.

Made some changes in the post.