Close-Up Grass

I’m not a big fan of these most recent ones. The colours are too saturated and the lighting seems very contrasty. The second version you posted is my favourite, but I think the grass just needs a little less translucency and the sun should be at a higher angle so the shadow areas aren’t so occluded. The dof is a little strong too but that’s a personal taste for me.

This is a really good grass scene though, a lot of people try and fail with grass systems, you have put a lot of effort and thought into this and it shows. Well done.

Also a little advice on feedback - find a balance between accepting critique and following your own style. If YOU think something looks better, regardless of feedback, that’s your personal style showing through and you need to decide wether the feedback you have received is better. Of course, never let daddy eyes get in the way of legitimate improvement, but to me it looks like you’re following the critique a little too literally here - what Daniel said pretty much.

Agreed. I think the first three were your best, the second is the one I would put up towards top spot.

Yeah, second one is the best (I think). It just has a bit too much translucency.

The blades highlighted by the sun on your latest image are too bright of a green and look almost plastic-y like artificial turf. It looks like the film curve improved the highlights but crippled the rest of the image so it’s probably better that you took it away. I also think you should add some small rocks or a few slightly differently colored flowers to break up the grass and white flowers just so it doesn’t look too mechanical (I’m not sure if that’s the right word to use). But not that it looks mechanical I think it looks amazing compared to anything I could make. :smiley:

To me, the second image is the best. The latest one seems to have pushed the green too much that its looking unrealistic.

Yeah, the second picture is absolutely gorgeous. I really love it!