China will launch a unmanned Moon lander at the end of 2013

What makes you say this? You have a strange way of making sweeping statements, without backing them up with any sort of evidence, or even personal thoughts. Making ‘big’ statements is fine, as long as you are big enough to stand up for them and provide some sort of a route for other people to learn your ‘wisdom’.

arexma does a great job of pulling your posts apart.

Seems some have some growing up to do!

I actually remember, as a young kid, watching “the one small step for man” on my black-and-white TV. Little did I know at the time that the whole thing was coming from Pasadena. :no: When Kennedy said that “we would go to the moon before the decade was out,” in those days there was simply no thought given (as we smiled and accepted yet another box of glassware from the gas-station attendant) that things might not be “exactly as Uncle Walter (Cronkite) and the US Government said it was.”

We simply accepted that three guys blasted off and, in what amounted to a totally unshielded telephone-booth, travelled to the moon, made a perfect landing, bounced around a bit (despite the drastic temperatures, despite the solar radiation, yes, despite all that, then blasted back off and whizzed back. Perfect.

Initially, NASA was caught flat-footed when special-effects shots were no longer “unusual” and, when weighed against the VFX that can be accomplished today, NASA’s television efforts looked pretty lame and obvious. (The movie, Capricorn One, certainly didn’t help, when they re-did the same VFX and did them properly.) But NASA wasted no time (and, I daresay, no small amount of money) in damage-control concerning their reputation. If you do a Google search today, you are served-up with pages of sites that support NASA’s position, usually by vilifying the reputation of anyone who would dare suggest otherwise, and any and every site with a contrary point-of-view appears only a dozen pages later. (Shrug.) You can buy that.

I certainly would like to think that someday humans can stand on the moon, for real. And, part of me misses those innocent days in my youth in which skepticism regarding “whatever the US Government tells you” was unthinkable.

Sundailsvc4; I’m actually quite surprised that you seem to be part of the group that believe the moon landing is a hoax, as you tend to appear as a very informed person when answering questions about Blender.

Is it right to assume then that you also don’t believe the Mythbusters when they demonstrated the physics that back up the fact that we actually did land on the moon (doing things like simulating a flag-planting in one of NASA’s own vacuum chambers and doing the moon walk in simulated moon gravity on the Vomit Comet plane, you would even be able to simulate the misaligned shadows allegation with a sunlamp in Blender by placing a mesh on the flat surface and then placing another on a small and shallow mound near the camera (remembering to use an oren-nayer shader with a high roughness value))?

Ace, imagine tomorrow you are the new boss in NASA.
What resolution cameras you would be using in your “science quests” along the Universe?
Would you opt too for the 1 megapixel cameras as NASA is doing in Mars?

What is the difference in price between 1 megapixel cameras and 16 megapixel cameras? Would you spent millions and then blow up the whole thing with a camera so lame you don’t see the bugs on Mars and then you believe there aren’t? If you go with a rover to “make science”, the tools must be the maximum quality. The camera is one of the most important tools and it must be the best one. If you don’t see that, then you know it is just a pass time and a screen for the unaware of what is happening. For the aware is just an element more to add to the info, info that everyone then can process as their neurons permit.

When we laughed on the 1 megapixel cameras on the rover, NASA that obviously is monitoring us (I don’t agree with governments and their agencies monitoring people but seems the rest of people agree so they will continue until people bring that down) posted in his website an explanation of why 1 megapixel camera was good. Of course that is idiot but they did. The explanation ended saying that it would give great panoramas because the camera will shoot around and a very high quality panorama would be created (NASA already released several of such). Well, don’t you think the panoramas would be even much better with cameras of 16 megapixels? And even better with more resolution (I think they have 300 megapixel cameras) but for me 16 would suffice.

From what I know, the cameras that NASA uses would have to fulfill the reason why the rovers are on Mars to begin with, and that is to do scientific study and learn about the planet’s environment.

Also note that the scientific quality they are trying to aim for wouldn’t be something that could be done if they decided to tack a consumer camera onto the rover, the cameras not only have to be tough enough to survive the rigors of space and the extraterrestrial environment, but the cameras also have to be small enough to be integrated into the rover while being high-quality enough to obtain a very high color accuracy (something which is mainly found in larger, very expensive camera models like those used by Hollywood).

Now I don’t know about this point in particular, but I do wonder if NASA also requires its cameras to capture color outside of the visible spectrum as well, if they do, then that requires additional hardware which may reduce the amount of space devoted to the actual sensor (which would usually mean a smaller sensor and a smaller resolution).

In short, I can see where Arexma’s coming from when he says that NASA’s goal with cameras is to emphasize scientific accuracy over visual accuracy (what we would see with our own eyes).

Ace, I am talking about resolution being used, not the brand of camera to be used. I say 2 megapixels is even a shit for me. Can you say me what scientist prefers one image of 1 megapixel instead one of 50 megapixels? Only those trying hide things would prefer. I can’t think of anyone doing real science that prefers the lower resolution.

Did you see the NASA videos where UFOs appear, disappear, move, go near, go far, pulsate and rotate? Those videos are in the region of the spectrum above the violet.

NASA explained them as Ice.
Well, thanks to NASA we now know that using ultraviolet cameras Ice can appear suddenly, disappear suddenly, move in 90 degrees movements avoiding a blast of some direct energy weapon, Ice also likes to pulsate and appear behind objects that are hundred meters away meaning Ice grows to like 50 meters in diameter and appears as an UFO (the “tether experiment NASA video”).

And the debunking below (they forgot to explain why the astronaut is asked to say what he is viewing, and why the different speeds and different directions and why the pulsating, so I will do to see how easy is to be official and have a good life:

• the astronaut is asked because the guy wanted to be sure all he was looking at the image was really all what was happening so he can interpret correctly the situation
  • the different speeds is because the ice was not only from the ISS but there are a lot of chunks of ice around Earth and in all directions and every speed imaginable. You can’t just think how much Ice there is. It can be a risk even for future missions. Something few people knows and gives more credit to our heroes astronauts that risk their lifes every second for our grand nation, that is full of freedom and such
  • the pulsating is obviously rotation. If the Ice chunks were near spherical you would not see such but all these chunks were pyramidal shapped so there is a great variation as the faces rotate. is the way Ice is in space: pyramidal is the way for it

You can see, it is easy. I already posted a video where a guy said he was paid to do that with UFOs. Nobody was complaining that money was actually used to pay a guy to lie about UFOs, saying they were swamp gas or Venus. Then I posted a video where a former defense minister of Canada explained UFOs are real. Nobody remembers it probably after 10 days passed.
Everything will not leave a mark in your brain if your brain is constructed to only accept official explanations and dismiss the rest as “conspiracy”. I already said in another thread how in Mass Media the Boston terrorists were said to be “conspiracy theorist that believed in this and that”. That is a programming of the viewers to implant that bad guys believe such things. Well, there is a battle to keep the status quo. It will not be posible, but they try hard.

Honestly, I really don’t want to debate that any further. :confused: I’m a kid who watched the landings in total belief, then years later thought about it, looked over the photos and so forth (all of which I vividly remember, some of which are in now-collectible books that I still own, etc.) and came to my own conclusion. I don’t think we went; I don’t think we possibly could have at that time; I think it might still be impossible today. I even think that, if I’m right, the people who did what they did felt they had tremendous good-reason to have done what I think they did. But I’d love to live to really see an undeniably-real landing done. I could be wrong: maybe they did, and that would be nice. But, y’know, no, I’m really not into “debating” such things, because I’ve never seen any good coming out of it. So… “no, I’ll pass.”

My favorite video from NASA ever is this fragment from 1min38 to 4min18sec in this video:

Remember all that is just Ice and asteroids as NASA says.

Bao; so you believe in constant episodes of spontaneous creation from absolutely nothing as well (just because you find some guy on OMG, a video, claiming it is the truth and that NASA is trying to hide it)? I guess if it’s written by a guy on the internet talking about the ‘truth’ being hidden from people it is true, and if it’s a guy who talks about the claim on YouTube then I and others must be an idiot if we don’t believe it as truth.

From what I’ve read from you the past year, I have came to learn to take everything you say with a big grain of salt, now you might not want to hear this again, but I can now say that your prediction of the ‘secret’ technology being revealed and coming into society by September has officially failed (mid-September and absolutely nothing regarding it).

Everything will not leave a mark in your brain if your brain is constructed to only accept official explanations and dismiss the rest as “conspiracy”

One can also turn the tables by saying that the understanding of reality will not leave a mark in your brain if your brain is constructed to be impressed upon by smooth-talking people who claim that they will tell you the truth that no one else wants you to know.

A common ploy from sales and marketing professionals almost every where.

So let me get this straight Bao… You thought that a priest was teleporting from place to place, instead of the obvious and simple explanation that the media got it wrong, or was lying. You now think that the earth is being visited by thousands of alien ships, NASA is covering it up, and they are somehow stopping all of the contractors and employees that have ever worked at NASA from getting evidence out to the public.

Last time I checked reality wasn’t an episode of the X-Files and you are not agent Mulder. Don’t you think that this is a better, simpler explanation than a huge cover up that involves a government agency trying stop some of the smartest people on earth from sneaking out evidence to the public? Yes it’s FREAKING ICE!!

I read something about you not always being so conspiracy minded, is that true? What happened to you? And for the SAKE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY… why don’t you comment on my signature?

Geometricity, it is former defense ministers and former NASA employees and other scientists and high military that are saying what then I say.

That is exactly how the Universe woks. There is no movement. All is teleporting. If NASA says it are chunks of Ice and then you see them teleporting (appearing and disappearing) then… why they are yet with a job? They must be fired when lying to the tax payer. Governments must be accountable or you are fomenting corruption. When nothing pass and people don’t protest, they are just saying they like to be fooled.

Why on Earth (or the universe for that matter), would thousands of alien ships teleport into orbit around Earth with the sole purpose of zipping in a straight line and disappearing again!? Either the aliens are just mindblowingly bored or the entire galaxy decided to bully the life on some tiny little nowhere ball called Earth.

Why would Earth be such a big deal to ET species from this galaxy and beyond, we don’t have holodecks and starships and there are other celestial bodies that might have a lot more of the resources they’re looking for so why would they be united in visiting Earth?

Okay, but they don’t have any actual evidence do they. There is just a video of “stuff” moving that can be explained in another more reality based way. Just them being employees means nothing without objective evidence. Those employees could have a grudge, they could have gone insane, or maybe they just want attention.