Childrens Animation pilot

Very nice.

I could see myself sitting down and watching this show with my daughter.

This is awesome!!! Very well done

Really nice animation!
I want to watch the full show if/when it becomes one. Hopefully it does.
My favorite part was when it pulls back from the space scene and the stars are like floating independently of the box, which really sells the depth of space in their imaginary world and makes it seem much bigger than the box. Like the box is not a container, but a portal.
Using the classic wagara pattern on the waves was a nice touch too.
Nice compositing work there and nice work all-around. This sort of project requires knowing so many different disciplines within Blender, from rigging to texturing to physics sims. You really demonstrated a well rounded skill set.

That is seriously cute. Very well executed. Great job!

I just had my first son 2 and-a-half days ago. This is just the great kind of material I’d like to be available to him. Marvelous work and I hope one day I know my way around the editor and compositor like that! Really great work and cross edits too. I trust the client saw how capable you are.

Thank you all for the encouraging comments, I really appreciate them!

@Quantum Anomaly it really makes it worthwhile when people notice the little touches :slight_smile:

@Richard W thanks for posting on the top, I am honoured.

Beautiful work! I always wanted to do something very similar! Stellar!

Awesome This Is Brilliant !!! Everything Looks Cool:cool:

that is really cool. nice job.

WOW! That was really great!

Did you render in Cycles or Blender Internal?

@tommywright It was all rendered in Cycles.
I had 3 computers rendering non stop for about a week.
2012 Imac i7 cpu rendering only (wasn’t that much use for rendering(radeon card), I mostly animated on it.)
Pc1 i7 cpu GTX 480 x 2
Pc2 i7 cpu GTX 580 + GTX 480
I really wanted to add volumetric shafts of light to the window for the last scene, But I just didn’t have the computing power/time.
Memory limitations on the graphics cards meant I had to split the last scene into layers. The last scene has every model from the clip in it. But it worked out in the end.

I love this animation.
So well made.
I love children animations and if I was to get into animation professionally, that would be the area I would work in.

Great job! It is really encouraging to find professional work completaly done in Blender! I also am being asked to create a childrens show characters and trailers. Hope to post it here when its done :slight_smile:

really cool! thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

Gooooood!!! Very inspiration!!!