character modelling oc wip

ambro: Thank you, my friend! You know her from the first sculpt!
A little update with some haircolors.

Shes hot. I feel weird being attracted to a CG girl but its hot.

Very good work, but I think some expressive variation would do a lot to improve her liveliness. Change the poses around, experiment with more action-in-repose arrangements, and give her face some expression, it can be subtle and still be effective – a small head tilt, a sidelong glance at the camera, a pout or a half-smile or something to get her out of the Valley of the Barbie-dolls ;). Also her overall body proportions are well-done, happy to see you have avoided the over-inflated breast syndrome all too many CG femmes suffer from, but think about bringing her body form out of the ideal supermodel region and closer to an everyday reality, it can actually result in a great deal more appeal. For the skin, which is overall not bad, think about some blemishes, pigment variations other than a cheeks blush, she’s tending to look a bit plastic as it is because the skin is so completely homogenous.

8DFineArt
Amazing Work !!!
first of all good and well cared the hairstyle!
Really beautiful shaders,
you may post them …?
physiognomy cured, fresh, and expressive.
perfect body, beautiful choosing of the bikini!

I think we should crown you the Hair King!

A little suggestion, if you haven’t done already, add some translucent shader for the hair and mix it with the diffuse. Also try subsurface scattering for the skin.

blendertender18: Thank you!

chipmasque: Thank you! I want to improve some details in the mesh and textures/materials first before posing and animating. The rig, shapekeys, clothes, background, light and so on need to be done or improved. Very nice that you can imagine some poses or animation already!

marcolorenz: Thank you! Here is my cycles hair shader for you. The main light is a default sun.

DanPro: Thank you! I’m glad you like the hairstyles!

Hans Zimr: Yes, I have both already. You can see it on her right hand in post #3 or #4 with blender internal materials or a little on the ear in some cycles renders. I’ve used sss everywhere exept for the hair. Only in the video in post #8 there was/is no sss (don’t look). There is a little translucency in the hair shader.

WOW! :open_mouth: … the model looks realistic man greatjob :smiley: :thumbs up:
4/5

Great looking model! I would suggest the dark hair color, since she has dark brows and lashes. Natural hair color just looks better on everyone, IMO. Keep it up!

Thank you TheVoid75 and Kalleid, I’m glad you like it!

A little update, with interior lighting.

_

Thanks for looking!

To improve the render I’ve tried to set up the camera so that i don’t have to crop 50% of the picture.
But the new camera was moved a little sidewards, the reflections in the eyes were almost gone and I almost deleted the render.
But I saved it anyway to make a comparison and see the difference. Amazing how much influence a tiny change in the camera position can have!
I noticed that the picture in the background was more visible in one render and for fun I tried to look crosseyed and nothing happened.
But after switching the left and right image it poped up in 3d.

Stereoscopy, crosseyed view, 512x512px each, cycles 1000 samples (click to enlarge)

Attachments

I would love to see the workflow as to how you are making the hair!

BiggR: Thank you! I will try and record it when I make a new one.

It’s awesome work! How do you that hair? I just started to learn blender and I wish one day I can do such a realistic hair styles. Keep up the good work! Also really perfect model, I mean it’s extremely realist and beautiful

Deadway: Thank you very much! These are hair particles and a lot of practice and experimenting.

Here is a little update.

Attachments

She is gorgeous! Love the work you did

xiankang: Thank you! Glad you like it!

A small update:
stc=1stc=1
stc=1

Somehow my last post didn’t update, maybe it works now. Thanks for looking and have a nice day!

edit: No idea why the pictures don’t show up any more, maybe it’s a bug. Yesterday it worked.

stc=1

stc=1

stc=1
edit2: maybe just attachments work for now

Attachments

A little update, still much work to do.
Strangely I can’t see any pictures in this thread, I hope it’s just a bug, and you can see them.
In case the picture doesn’t show up, you can see it in my gallery on deviantart.

Attachments

Nice progress!

I can’t see the pictures either, but I can click the links and view them in a new tab. There was a weird bug recently where if you posted an image, it would be displayed twice, once as an embedded image, and once again as an attachment. I think that instead of actually fixing the bug, they made all attachments show up as links. Must be quite a bug! :wink: