Challenge #639 Voting CLOSED

Thanks everyone! As finalbarrage noticed before I had a slow start and I really didn’t expect to catch up to 3dnotguru’s grapes.

@Ryeath
Thanks for the vote. I guess I can count myself lucky that Photox entered as ‘non competing’ :slight_smile:

@MeanPi2
Glad you like the little gnawer - and thanks for breaking the tie a few days ago :slight_smile:

Great entries everyone! Looking forward to what you come up with this weekend.

i noticed what when?

btw rarebit you forgot me in the summary. does not matter tho :stuck_out_tongue:

The votes seemed to come in in batches. After all, 29 votes in total isn’t that much in terms of representativeness - so there is probably still a lot of noise going on.

On the topic of what influences votes (apart from technical quality), there are a few things I noticed over the last few weeks:

1. Adding text to the image seems to scare everyone away. So far, it never worked out for me. I guess an image just needs to speak for itself.
  2. Keeping the eye close to the subject seems to help. If the main feature of the picture gets lost (to small, no contrast, bad focus, random composition, …) this will probably cost some votes as well.
  3. A little story within the image seems to help a lot.

I’ll remember you final:

finalbarrage @ 4 votes 13.79%
MeanPi2 @ 0 votes 0.00000000%

btw final, working on remaking that background plate into 3d. Forgot how annoying Blender is from version to version…