Challenge #627 (26/6/15) Entries CLOSED

Well, I’ve got an idea to combine something that I like with my dream.
In the picture: The end of course of Sayeret Matkal, the best special unit of IDF (Israel Defense Forces).
If you want to read more about them - click here.
My dream is to be recuited for that unit, and Im already training for it (Im will be recuited to the army in a year).
So thats it basically. Why is it related to the theme “rare birds”?
Well, it have wings on its tag. It’s rare because every year only 20 people around the country finishes the course- so it’s kinda rare to meet those guys.

Pure render, 1000 Samples, “Sayeret Matkal”

Pure Entry-“Happy Feet”

Here’s mine
pure, Cycles 450 samples.

robobirds

Beatiful and proud.
Pure entry, Blender cycles 1000 samples.

Here it is. I didn’t have much time, but I did have time to delete the bird in the background, and add some gristle and moisture to the fish bones, although they still don’t look right.

Here comes my bird: Rare And Probably Endangered

pure, cycles (500 samples), blender only

Hello. I decided to participate because I had a severe blockage of mind with a project I was working. I hope this cleared my mind a little. This is my entry (well, actually the rare bird is not in my scene :slight_smile: )

Is it necessary to meet some special requirements to participate in the challenge?

Kakapo, it was supposed to be “camoflauged” by grass, but something went wrong with the grass, so Im going with he’s surrounded by the talon of his family.

Here is my non-competing entry:

Golden Goose

http://www.artofinterpretation.com/images3/wc627-goldengoose-byrjt2015.jpg

As usual, pure Blender internal.

RobertT

hi everybody, this is my first attempt to enter to a blender competition! that’s why, I feel a little bit excited :slight_smile: .
here is my render:

200 samples, blender cycles, GIMP

No Feeling Of Home.

Attachments

Pure entry. Rendered With Cycles. I take the literal interpretation. Mine is an Atlantic Puffin. I made the proportion a bit chibi. Background is an image.