Challenge #618 (24/4/15) Entries CLOSED

wanilson, we are always looking for new people to get involved with the WECs. I’d recommend you make some changes to the model, lighting and materials and re-render it, and enter it as ‘Open’

Umii, sounds cool I’ll have to look into that.

Here’s my entry this week:

Yes, I went for invisibility.:stuck_out_tongue: I obviously didn’t just use a transparent shader, I mixed a transparent shader with a glossy shader, using a fresnel node as the factor. Quite simple, but pretty effective. Pure entry, didn’t reuse anything. Everything made in Blender 2.74, rendered in Cycles, and a little bit of post processing in the compositor.:slight_smile: Good luck everyone!

Here is my non-competing entry:

Superpowers

http://www.artofinterpretation.com/images3/wc618-superpowers-byrjt2015.jpg

As usual, pure Blender.

(full size image link)

RobertT

well guys just bought a Drawing tablet for blender going to have to see if i can make transition from mouse to tablet might ba able to make better models now then again might not, guess i’ll see next WEC. LOL :slight_smile:

Midnightcpu:

In my own experience, I’ve found tablet (and now touch screen) input useful for texture painting and sculpting, while regular modeling really only seems to work well with mouse input at the moment.

The Grease Pencil tool does seem to offer much promise and possibilities with future refinements.

For now, though, modeling by mouse feels far more natural, precise, and controllable.

RobertT

@ RobertT

about the only thing i’ll use the tablet for is sculpting because, i figured it would give me more controll over the sculpted mesh than the mouse would, as far as modeling i might have to see what i can figure out with that, i might be able to get it to work in a crude way but right now i might have an idea for it, going to have to see when it gets here thursday.

Fingers crossed XX :slight_smile:

I wish you good luck with it, Midnightcpu.

I’m sure it will prove very useful to you!

RobertT

Iconic Superpowers

this weekend, world of warcraft kind of won :stuck_out_tongue:

pure? i dont know, rarebit you can judge if this is pure enough to be pure. the sword and ship was made during the weekend challange, but they where not made for this purpose. the character is one i’ve been working on for a while, but still, i made it myself.

i was not planning to submit an entry, but one of the entries gave me this idea, so i threw what i had together.
so ship and sword was made within the WEC period, but the character is premade. BUT i didnt import anything from other creaters.

“Assassin”

(MIND CONTROL) Pure, Cycles 2000.

Looks good!:smiley:

heh not really… the texture is awfull and the cannons are not even completed :stuck_out_tongue: the ship was ment to be seen from far away so those details would not show.

I almost didn’t post it, i find it not very esthetic :s, welp it’s better than nothing i guess…
I’ve done everything in blender (painting, models etc…) PURE.

The rocks are definitely well done.:slight_smile:

how did you do the trees? looks like they’ve been added afterwards with a photo edditer. is that really blender?? :o

painted. ( in blender )

TBH and fair to the others falling foul of using old models as the FOCUS of the image, I’m going to make it open too!

Full resolution: http://flitsart.deviantart.com/art/City-Hero-529566979

Rendered in Cycles, the character mesh is from MakeHuman. Some post-processing was done in Gimp.

Telekinesis lift, non-competing as i find the image too much simple :no::

and the animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etL4ckbSbM8

OpenGL render using the new viewport ao and dof; LMMS for audio/sounds.

edit: @Evivivi: nice entry!

It’s (poorly) painted in blender.