Challenge #613 (13/3/20) Entries CLOSED

@Umii, Hah! I didn’t use freestyle. I don’t know why I haven’t thought of that. I spent some time making the outlines manually:(.

Next time :slight_smile: I think I’ll try freestyle next week it looks really cool, I’ve just used it to make nice wire frames of some of my models so far, not for anything creative.

Here’s mine, lots I’d do differently next time, used 1 CC feather texture that I applied lots of random variation to and 1 CC Iris texture as I couldn’t get it looking nice procedurally, made all materials from scratch as well, although I could have made the feathers also it only occurred to me how to about an hour into the final render and I wasn’t starting again :slight_smile: Rest all sculpted, retopologiesed, modelled / painted etc. in blender on and off since friday, it’s rigged as well Included some screen shots in case I get accused of having it pre made again :wink:

Hope someone likes it!

“Evolution Theory”

Some screen shots

Ok… my first try to be in this contest. Pure cycles made from scratch (some text made very fast in Gimp) and hundreds of things that I want to change… but don’t have time to. It was a challenge to get everything done in such a short time, especially with my slow computer. Normally I don’t have dead lines for my work since they are personal.

My idea… you can be a chicken, without feeling like it… or if you look closer, you can try to fool others that you aren’t a chicken but they see it anyway.

Hello,
This is my PURE entry for this weird theme. I called it “destiny”. Aren’t we all chickens? :wink:

updated version with hairs

Attachments

“Kitschy Chicky”

Cycles, 1000 samples.

buck buck

my chicken

Attachments

Pure entry, cyckles render 100 samples.

UMII: Thank you! Of course, all our learning in Blender is virtually endless, but it’s a good kind of endlessness =)

RobertT

love it :slight_smile: I’m going to have to go and make something fluffy myself now I think!!

haha i love the sunglasses ! you nailed it! :slight_smile:

Thanks guys! I try to swing back and forth between dark and lighthearted themes. This one definitely falls in the “awwwww” category. :cool: