Challenge #592 (10/24/14) Entries CLOSED

@ Hatchnet: If you have a clear idea of the scene, what to model and how, you can do everything in relatively little time…

2 words: Particle systems.

Also Kidus hair system! While trying to replicate your cotton i just discovered the “path steps” draw option, after a couple of years using hairs :smiley:

Cool entries everyone!

After looking at the other great entries, not sure why I would even post mine, but I am a bit surprised my entry is the only Halloween themed one (so far). First thing I thought of with the theme was trick or treating.

Blender internal and compositor, first time using SSS also, not too sure how it works… Border in paint.net.

Good luck to all the great entries.

Attachments

Quite a variety of really nice images coming out here!

@Kidus, I haven’t had cotton candy in years, and your entry makes me want to try some again…

Cheers @Photox! Your image is just so jolly in comparison. I can just imagine all the little candy people skipping down that path, while the candy trees bop to the background music.

@ mik1190
i spend about 8-10 hours a day sometimes 15 working on multiple scenes like this week i was working on 4 scene at one time 3 for here and one for the blenderguru competition this month its a pain doing that much at one time.
i just finished the one for the guru comp yesterday after the candy one was done.
depends on how much time you want to put in your scene.

Awesome entries!

Hopefully we’ll see some more before the close of this challenge.

Here is my non-competing entry:

The Dream and the Reality of the Confectionary

Have a good week, everyone!

RobertT

Everyone has some great renders here. I wanted to do one with Halloween as well.

Great one @spanishrose! I can’t believe I forgot it was halloween (thus the theme, duh!)

Sweet talking jelly rats.
Blender cycles 300 samples and I used some volume shatter, dont know if it is shows.

Photox I certainly had fun creating the Halloween scene. Thanks

Midnightcpu: you can take a break now :wink: i read just a couple days ago about another BG competition…will see if i can do something.

@ mik1190
yup, finished all my scenes in less than 2 1/2 weeks this months guru com was the longest scene
i was working on scenes over top of it kind of looks cartoonish to me.
now i can go back and finish and fix the ones i’ve been working on like my alien, go cart, motorcycle and others that need done

Candy Cake

I was too late… :frowning: