Challenge #563 (03/28/14) Entries CLOSED (Special Edition)

Mixed creepy crawly with tools. Cycles 500 sample. Textures are procedural or made in paint.net with free HDRI from SDli Labs. Forgot to put the displace mod on the sandwich bread, but didn’t feel like re rendering. Parts of it I’m happy with, other parts I think I should have done better. Oh well.

Good luck everyone.

Attachments

this is my entry the project file include in my tutorial by not exactly

and beforecomposition

Ryeath: thank you!
dagto: thanks, but personally i think mine is simply years of practice :slight_smile:
Photox: appreciated, you are totally right about scaling/proportions issue (and you have not seen the topology…), i uploaded a slightly improved image. Was rendered in cycles, lighting was a simple spot lamp + the default “background” world illumination.

“Object of Desire”
Modelled in Blender, Textures in Gimp, Rendered in Cycles (1000 Samples), Composited in Blender
Fuzzy “Bear” Friend, Robot Spider, Toy Tools and a Pteradactyl hanging from the ceiling, didnt work artillery into it
The Bear has 8000 hairs x 400 Children, Blender was using 2.2 GB of Ram when Rendering,

Space Worm Cycles 1000 Pure.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k88/scudjuice999/SpaceWorm.png
Really enjoyed doing this one, the extra time was nice. Great job everyone, I cant wait to see the rest of the entries.

Attachments

hiya

Found some time during my night shift. oO

Prehistoric animals, Robotics.

Non-competing, open. Post processing and some painting done in photoshop.

Used some of tebe-interesno’s work as reference:

behind the scenes:
original blender render

Hello, My pure entry: A.I. Artist
BLENDER: modeling, texture painting, rendering, no effects added
GIMP: texture painting, joining rendered parts of image, little brightness/contrast changes

This is my entry, Centipede Mech. I went for creepy-crawly and robotic. All hand textured. I see you all eyeing the emission through the alpha mask. Keep it up. I understand.:slight_smile: This is a pure entry render in cycles with 1250 samples.

Pimpasaurus.

Shortly after the triassic peroid, there was a brief but vibrant era of the pimpasaurus.

Cycles, pure.

@enthymeme, powerful image, really really like that one.

@3dnotguru, nice creativity and story.

Pure Blender except for the environment texture (from HDRLabs)

@mik1190 great cat
@Enthymeme nice gloomy atmosphere

Steampunk avant la lettre

Too much happened this week leaving me with limited time. Gonna try to up the samples…but just in case…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]301189[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Rendered in cycles. Gingko tree texture from internet search and environment texture from hdrlabs. Screen text texture created in Gimp.

Hi I´ll hope I came to the deadline!

Good night!

Well I begin with this the thursday of the last week and finished it as I could, the hairy ball was a characther but I scale it down to match the size with the rest of the scene but I don´t take in count the size of the particles, anyway, I used an old fur material from the blender material repository and this was made on blender internal.

A greeting!