Challenge #555 (01/31/14) Entries CLOSED

hi, bye.

:open_mouth: Where were you on Saturday night? Thats would have been great idea, too late for this one, Funny since i usually get opionions on my ideas from a fellow artist who is also a trekkie, and he never thought of that. Would have been brilliant.

Thanks for compliment, the bubble wrap is done as an array: start with a plane, subdivide twice, extrud in once, scale inwards, use loop tools to make the extrusion a circle. extrude up making a dome. 2 arrays (1 x and 1 y) to make a sheet of them, apply them all, then did a cloth simulation over some invisible obstacles to make the waves,Then a subdivision modifier to smooth it all out. The material is just a combo of glossy and translucents

Before the time I spent on creating a nice entry over the weekend feels wasted I share this here even though I could not bring it to the point where I wanted to have it. I still learned a lot anyway.

Modeling, texturing, rendering in Blender. Some post pro in PS.

It’s my first entry and I have no idea whether it’s still considered Pure or already Open. I am just glad I made it :wink:

Pure Entry
Cycles + BI post processing done in the compistor i hope you’ll like it and good luck for everyone
EDIT:sorry i spelled “Impossible” wrong and i can’t upload the image again…
forgot to edit it before rendering :frowning:

@thomesh
It’s really great, very well done!

Nice ideas everyone. especially @blenderallday & @Clous!

My entry:

rendered in Blender, post-processing was done in Photshop.

high resolution: http://flitsart.deviantart.com/art/Fetus-431638383

Think we could need more than one vote to vote the great work… maybe 3 votes For first second and third would be nice. And a 4th one and 5th…and… dont know. great ideas and renderings!
edit…

realy difficult to vote one of them…

Fragility is a perception of reality.
Pure/Cycles 1000 (and still had speckles!)

Ran out of time…

Here’s mine. Based on a true story. Not the ghost, obviously.

The Last Snowflake

Didnt have time to run it longer, its only 500 samples. Postpro in both blender and PS. Snowflake is sculpt and ground is IvyGen.

Here is my non-competing entry:

Indefatigable

Just a quick little first project using Freestyle options :slight_smile:

RobertT

You guys are all brilliant! I’m super new to Blender but I’m working on an instructional manual on how to pack boxes for the company I work for and I’m stuck on the bubble wrap… Any quick tips on making the bubbles realistic like you’ve got?

Thanks in advance and y’all are my heroes!!