Challenge #551 (01/03/14) Entries CLOSED

As most of you it’s leo the default cube that inspired me. Title: “13th micro frame after deleting the default cube”

Seems Blender uses cell fracturing and some physics internally.

I also immediately thought of the default layout, or the default cube. I decided to approach it from a different angle and go with default as in defaulting on a loan. I spent untold amount of hours using the cell fracture tool and smashing the piggy bank but was never happy with the final results so I just left poor piggy intact. This is a pure entry with text being added in Gimp afterwards.
Hope you like.

My entry:

Rendered in Blender and Cycles, post-processing was done in Photoshop
High resolution: http://flitsart.deviantart.com/art/Default-Cubes-425172412

I like the idea SonnySee, looks good :). I was wondering why did you add the text in post processing as apposed to using using an image texture? This way the slight reflection of the page on the pig will also contain the text, etc. Just my 2 cents.

Another try. This time LED pins emitting on z-location with some post processing.

Title: “Default”

Thanks Amcolex. I am glad you liked it. Regarding the text that was added in Gimp, I only added the title at the top. The Foreclosure notice was an image imported as a plane with a slight displacement added to it. If you close one eye and squint with the other, then zoom in really far, you can actually see remnants of the texts reflection. However, there is not much text on the notice to reflect, pretty much just what you see in the image. Were I to do it over, I would fill the entire notice out and try to get that reflection to pop out a bit more as I think it would add more to the overall piece.