Challenge #550 (12/27/13) Entries CLOSED

Great picture. You should’ve used more samples in rendering. If the speed was the problem, you could’ve made different passes for hair, for example, you could’ve used relatively low sample count for hair, in order to render it faster, and higher sample count for the rest of the scene, in order to render it smoother, and blend the two in the compositor.

Thank you!

I never know how long the final thing is going to take to render, so I always put up the less-sampled one as a just in case. I’ve never grasped the concept of the compositor, and there’s very few readable tutorials. The videos make my head hurt.

Lol, I am quite opposite, I prefer videos to text. Anyway, thisis the video I learned basics of compositor with, if you ever change your mind about videos :stuck_out_tongue: . After that, I followed other videos about other things, not dedicated to compositor, and I learned advanced stuff there. I once read that you simply cannot make a perfect picture just with pure rendering, you’ll really get better final touches with compositor.

Mik1190, that jacket you made is phenomenal. I love it xD just wanted to throw that out there xD