Bump Map generator

Checked it out, looks pretty decent, very simple workflow. How accurate do the results look?

So is MapZone just for creating normal maps, displacement maps, occulision maps, etc. Or does it allow you to create textures from scratch as well? I’m confused…

are you using 64bit?
64bit Linux users tip: sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture --force-depends Insane.deb

Im starting to test bump maps in BI and viewing with glsl and how it realtes to cyles bump value. The problem I have is 0.5 cecece grey is 0. Black as the base value and this is good for the Displacement maps but fore bump maps I think it to much. Grey is half the value of Black. Alfa is color and it makes the + value. 2 dump maps can be good and bad, it makes the bump a double value. But you dont need any thing fancy but you do need to be able to see the bump because it is a illusion. White or black set really low and smooth or add bump with the paint brush. How do you know what it going to look like untill the files are really rendered. And yes gimp has a normal plug in that works.

Have been following but it seems you guys are sidetracking us on Linux (ubuntu). I tried installing crazy bum in 12.10 but due to directx incompatibilities and limitations, couldn’t work even though installed perfectly.

I’ve read many suggestion the use of gimp and photoshop, etc. Yes, i guess we all know that’s possible. However, doing that chuncky job just by a click is why we all wanna use crazy bump or its similar softwares.

On behalf of Linux users, can we get one that perfectly suites Ubuntu without the use of wine? Wine sometimes get drunk. :stuck_out_tongue:

Does anybody know about nDo2 and the license? I mean how long is the license good for and is it good for more than one machine, like my laptop. I’ve posted this question to the administrators, and in the Quixel forum days ago with no response. A lot of guys in the forum have been waiting for days to resolve their problems as well.

In my quest for a bump mapping software usable in Ubuntu, I ended up using njob in wine. It works fine, no issues.

Thanks for the tip! I have also been looking for all possibilities for Ubuntu 12.04, and it seems that, indeed njob with wine is the easiest. For anyone else, here is a link from the polycount forum to download it.

You can also use InsaneBump in Gimp (works with the most recent release 2.8.6) .
You can download the plugin from: registry ( d o t ) gimp ( d o t ) org/node/28117
The instructions are listed there.

(I am a new member so I can’t post a URL yet )

how to open files other than c: drive? in insane bump

Try MaPZone. It is free to my knowledge.

http://www.mapzoneeditor.com/?PAGE=HOME