Building the Palace - Blender Guru Ancient Competition

You mean something like this:

?

Then probably I’ll have to remodel blocks again cause everything’s beveled. But if it would look better that ones aren’t much work

No no no … :slight_smile:

I mean the way it is now is almost perfect.

Sorry for any confusion.

I hate to say it (as I was one who mentioned it) but now I see it, I think it looks better without motion blur. That last freestyle render is great! However the blur really helped to give clarity to the scene. For the first time I realised that there were two seperate rows of blocks moving. Perhaps model in some cartoon motion lines instead of blur? Just an idea.

keep up the great work! :slight_smile:

I was thinking of it at time I introduced the blur to the picture, but moved on with the rest. Thanks for reminding :)Another thing that might work well is motion blur but less realistic, with, like 3 samples, and the shutter time 1 instead of .5Will check that soon

it looks instantly better now that you have rendered with freestyle! Has a really good feel to it :smiley:

Made 2 variations of motion blur. 3 samples,
shutter time 1 frame

shutter time 2 frames

tell me what you think. I’ll also try with cartoony lines and see if that’s gonna be better than mb.

EDIT:
tried with the lines, it doesn’t look good, and the setting is problematic.
Does anybody know if there’s any setting to play with sampled motion blur anything more than samples and shutter?

I like the single frame blur. It adds just enough to indicate motion but not enough that the object loses all detail.

added some details in the background. Wondering if I should add clouds, and if, how should i do it, cause sky looks too flat. If anyone know what clouds would work here, feel free to share your wisdom :slight_smile:

Tell me what you think about the clouds

Attachments

I really love this one and it’s my favorite scene for the competition. Especially as I know the movie it’s inspired from :stuck_out_tongue: Even more I like the style as it is a total different approach than the others.

Andreas

Probably won’t add anything more to the scene, cause I’m busy now, but if anyone have suggestion about some final touch to make it awesome feel free to enlighten me before posting it :slight_smile: