Branch Extrusion

sorry the stupid question , can you describe better what mean developing in svn? What i know svn is the blender pre release Right? so it mean that my script will be in the blender future release?

what is wrong in 2.64 with Branch_Extrusion.py (form post #1) , data has only polygons and I do not know if a polygon has a center built in, at least I think there is NOT.

so maybe one builds a center as arithmetic mean of the corresponding loop (of vertices building the polygon).

I made some (essential?) changes and got a working ‘Branch Extrusion’ addon in Blender 2.64 :wink: (bmesh!)
Essential: nr of steps between 1 and 5 (at this moment) inclusive.
@rebellion (PM where to send it to you)

this is not the same? calc center median

OK found the problem! for the last builds it’s true it doesn’t work… for who want to know the problem it’s a the line 155 before the rotation value was a tuple (bpy.ops.transform.rotate(value = (Float, )) now is a float type (bpy.ops.transform.rotate(value = (Float)).

i will make a new release as soon as i can fix some old bugs.

@Meta-Androcto i think i’ll accept your offer!!

Looks cool. Can’t wait to test it out :slight_smile:

Is the update out yet?

I am stil confused at how taper works. Seems that all the faces collape too fastly unto just and edge.

I haven’t release an update for SVN version, but for the official release it still work, instead the taper value is the scale factor applied to the next face, i.e: if you have a taper value of 0.5 and the face selected is 20x20 bu, the extruded face will be 10x10 the next one 5x5 and so on… So,how fast the face will reduce in size during strokes depend both on min distance and taper value.

However remeber to apply transforms before use this script!

hi, I wonder about preserving volume, when using multiple axis?

Meta do you mind explaining or demonstrating what you mean by that?

can you explain it? maybe i can do it :smiley:

hi, it looks like if you extrude using the mouse & change direction a bit, it flattens part of the mesh, where it turns. :slight_smile:

i think you’r talking about the autorotation features… try to disable it. if this is not the problem can you please upload an image or a blend file?

i 've looked at code right now… and I found the problem: i forgot to add a switching for the autorotate option so it is always active even if the option in the panel is disabled. Sorry For the big mistake…

However i’ll fix this, update the code for the upcoming release, and add a PKHG proposal : limiting the number of extrusion to a fixed number, as soon as possible!!

Finally i’ve released a new version of my script, as usual is on the first post, The version 1.4 have a new option(suggested by PKHG): now you can set a fixed number of extrusion! and a little thing i’ve added is little guide on the 3D view header like the internal modal operator.

Will try soon :wink:

There is some one that still use this script?? if not i don’t update it anymore, but if some one still need it i’ll keep this update!

Rebellion, this is the first time I’ve heard of this script. Downloaded and tried installing on 2.66a but I cannot enable it to test how useful it might be for my work. Please update and I’d love to give it a try.

ok! i’ll see what i can do!