Border Lines - BMesh Edition

Maybe someone (the creator for example…) should first simply informally get in touch with any dev a bit concerned about addons, etc.
I will check in the doc for the guidelines (my addon is already +/- PEP80-compliant, it won’t be too difficult to get it fully compatible).

What bothers me is that it currently is in development stage, I would wait a bit and get more feedback from users before asking for trunk-integration.

Speaking of developement, version 1.6 is now available with… custom coloring option! Please try it!
I am currently not very happy about the layout, if you have better ideas about how/where to place widgets, I would be happy to hear them (maybe simply make a proper panel rather than integrating in an existing one?).

Another (small) change is the line width now limited to 10.0. It’s actually a limitation of bgl/OpenGL, maybe you had already seen that values in 10.0-20.0 in the UI had no influence on the display.

You are right, I’m too hasty, sorry ^^

It is possible to see the border lines in occlude geometry mode ?

Do you mean, see them when occluding is off (like in your picture)? (button is on by default, occlude is a synonym for hide)

That would mean it should force OpenGL to render them even if placed behind other parts… I’ll see what I can do.

Other topic, but I’m happy to see that it works well even in Quad View, without having me to care about it :wink:

EDIT: ok, got it, simply have to disable GL_DEPTH_TEST. I’ll update that.

Good, thx :wink:

Well… I’ve got some problems retrieving current SpaceView3D (to check if use_occlude_geometry is on). It’ll take a bit more time than expected (maybe until this evening… :-/).

There is no rush ^^

Thanks man, very cool job!

Done!

Version 1.7 adds optional geometry occlusion, based on the mode active in each view.

This is really great, well done Matpi :wink:

Just released version 1.8, which fixes a bug about custom color picking.

BTW: thanks for all your comments! I really hope this addon can be useful to you. Don’t hesitate to make requests, suggestions, etc.

Nice Update !

I really like this tool :wink:

I couldn’t install it on 2.75 rc

Have you right clic on RAW and save in .py ? Look if it’s not an html.

Hi thanks, it was a py file, but not from raw. It works now. It should be a great help in retopology.
Would it be possible to make those edges outlined too which are not making faces?

love it!! thanks again :slight_smile:

Nice add-on :slight_smile: Really useful with retopo + hidden lines shading.
Thanks a lot!

Tick border lines in edit mode, go object mode and back to edit mode > Blender crash.
Todays build, Win64.

hey pitiwazou :slight_smile:

will you update this to 2.8?
i really need this a lot to locate open mesh areas.
or is there another solution already for 2.8?

cheers

It’s Matpi’s addon, so I don’t know if he will do it.
But it can be done, later.

thanks, sounds good!