Boolean Art (Blender Sculpt Tools Master Addon)

Sorry for the dumb question.

Ive returned home from holiday, and have installed 2.69. which is r60995. How do I go about updating to r61002?

Grab an appropriate build here:
http://builder.blender.org/download/
and unzip the archive to wherever your blender lives.

These may be unstable. Use at your own risk. Or wait for next release.

Thanks for the info, shame i would have to wait so long for the lasso mask

OK, that problem is not a problem anymore :slight_smile:
I’ve found a line of code that is determining the length of a cut

distb = cam_pos.length - (cam_pos.length * 2)

If you’re facing the same issue just replace it with

distb = cam_pos.length - (cam_pos.length * 20)

Didn’t realized what it exactly do with Camera position though :slight_smile: Anyway it’s a cool script - long and healthy life to you, guys!
Wish Booleans to be faster in Blender!

whew! sorry for the absence guys, well, seems you all doing fine with this finally, web connections a bit slow after that epic storm. anyway why isnt anyone posting battle axes and techy guns!?

I just wanted to thank all of you who are spending time and energy making this add-on. This is wonderful, keep it up!

this addon does weird things using recent builds.

once you do a grease cut, blender enters camera view (as if you have pressed numpad 0)

anyone else getting this

using win 7 64bit ab49437

Yup, I noticed it happening a couple of days ago. I’ll try to reach Ian and tell him about it.

Missed this, thanks.

Very cool addon @iceking!, I want to share my expercience using your addon.

to this sculpt the straight lines were easy to do but the curved lines were not, is possible to do bezier curves lines with the grease pencil to make that kind of cuts?
Again, thanks for your Addon!
Greetings :yes:

Iceking sent me a patch for the grease cut tool. Committed to github, get it in the usual place :slight_smile:

Many thanks!

@hetors For more complex cuts I recommend you just make some geometry and use the other boolean ops.

Is that the fixed version if i follow the link in the first page of this thread?

if I DL and install again, will it just overwrite the current addon, is there a removal process of the old one that I have to do?

Yes, that link always points to the latest version. Just overwrite your old installation.

@hetors

man, finally someones applying it hahaha, hey i’m too busy with life at the moment to do the bezier thing, but heres a trick, with the grease pencil setting try manhattan 16 and euclidean 8, for better control. and use the smooth curve option in the redo options F6 to smooth the cut.

I’ve rewritten the grease cut. Please update, test and report any bugs :slight_smile:

what happened to the “delete outer.Inner” options? for g-cut, also neither of the parts become selected after a cut is performed. (the user doesn’t know it worked unless you keep an eye on the outliner )

cool that it has its own tab. unless the switch to camera seems to be fixed.

Inner and outer are pretty meaningless since they’re essentially random in this case, so I removed them. Eventually I might add a ‘delete smaller’ and ‘delete larger’ option based on the volume of the resulting objects, which should be more predictable. It’s not a priority though - IMO it’s quite fast to just click the piece you want and delete it.

It’s not really supposed to be its own tab, it’s just that it didn’t particularly fit anywhere else and all addons should be categorized somewhere as of 2.7. If at some point there’s a different tab for sculpt-related addons, I’ll move it there.

The new version doesn’t touch the cameras at all.

As for selecting one of the objects after the cut, good idea. Committed.

that makes sense, yes it was random at times, I understand its removal.

Great work!
When I use the grease pencil to make holes do not form a solid object or holes in the source object as shown in the pictures below. Is only working with curves or mesh.

Would make a button to control the depth of cut, making shallow cuts with a grease pencil resulting in the figure below?
Obrigago the quick replies

@uruburei: Grease pencil strokes will now become cyclic if the endpoints are close together. Closer than a 10th of the stroke’s bounding box diagonal to be precise.

Shallow cuts are a more difficult problem to solve, and in any case I think this is better handled by normal boolean operations with meshes. I’ll think about it, but no promises.