Boeing-Sikorsky RAH-66 Comanche

Modeled the tail rotor and added quick texturing.

Attachments

Hi,

nice machine and nice progress so far. Keep up the work !

[edit] Ho, and 300% ok with Witold on details :wink: [/edit]

Thanks ookka!

Details, more details. I got odd feeling that this plan to model all the details backfires when I proceed to the texturing phase…

Looking impressive! I love all the detail you’re putting into this, can’t wait to see some textures on this beast!

Thanks sdighe!

Some texturing and details added. I make better textures when the modeling is finished. Now I just unwrap things that are modeled and try some texture on them.

Gosh, I would think those wheels would have much larger lug nuts , but I’m sure your working off of some reference. Propellers are really starting to come together nicely

Wow…looking amazing so far. Great job.

beautiful, I tried making a low poly ka-60, Russian, for a game. It turned out bad (lack of skill & experience) but this model is fantastic and is really getting me excited.

Good progress!
I would suggest to use simpler, procedural materials for smaller parts (bolts, etc).
(You do not have to UV-unwrap every detail - it would be an overkill :))

Yeah the wheels I modeled from AH-64 Apaches feels as those seem to be the same as in Comanche. I guess the bolts could be bigger…

Thanks!

Thanks! Most that it takes is time…and patience.

Of course, but still there’s a lot to texture.

Don’t know if these gonna show in the final renders but those hydraulics are fun to do.

Attachments

Nice Job. I would like to learn how to texture like this. My textures are pretty rough.

The hydraulics look spot on. Well worth the effort.

Thanks! Texturing is one time consuming part of the model making. Watch lot’s of tutorials and try yourself. You will come around it.

Thank you. I don’t know if those are spot on but they are close!

Very nice!
However, sometimes there is a real fun to animate such cables - if you are going to animate the landing gear deflection…

tomtuko: you can also read about it in this book.
(Personally I prefer reading to watching :))

Oh thank you! We’ll see if I animate them.

Very nice work IconW! like how your clean your model is.

Thanks!

Update:

@IconW, really like the texturing of the wheels. If you dont mind sharing the node setup for the tyres, would come handy with the wheels in my F16’s landing gears :yes:.

Thanks in advance