BMax Tools or how I left 3ds Max :)

" could you please describe the steps that lead to this behavior in more detail?"
Yes I can :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve found that its only happening when you use same objects second time. I mean when you apply align once like center to center in x axis, then try to to align keeping same selection but changing minimum in y then objects seams to forget last alignment in xā€¦ So itā€™s not big problem since itā€™s almost never used to align same objects 2 times in rowā€¦ Then i found that sometimes when you chose align from 3d cursor, it jumps to objectā€¦ but again rather not used optionā€¦ I think that align from 3d cursor to something can be erasedā€¦

select by type can be made from outliner if something

great description, thanks. iā€™ve managed to replicate it - now it should be fixed (see OP for updated files).

when you select 3d cursor as current selection it should align itself to active object (according to settings in target).

once again thanks for great feedback :wink:

sure but i rather use it for more elaborate scene browsing/object manipulation as it needs itā€™s own window area (now have it always opened costs a lot of screen space and to open it each time i need to select an object by type is rather clumsy). for simple filtered object selection iā€™ve got the need for something you can use within the 3d view directly.

Fantastic work with this! I donā€™t use max but I wanted to try it out anyway and you have done a great job. :slight_smile:

The only thing I noticed is that it overwrites right click with the BMax menu, even if you just use the script and not the key presets etc.
Is that supposed to happen?

Wow, thank you so much for sharing this! Iā€™m a long-time Max user, but Iā€™ve switched to Blender at home. I just installed this and I can tell already that itā€™s really going to help me out. Thanks again!

Wow, what is this? 3DBlender?? haha, very good, but Iā€™m very used to Blenderā€™s work flow and i canā€™t go back to 3dsmax (Yes I was a heavily user of that extremely slow ā€œthingā€), nevertheless thanks for your contribution to the Blender community, cheers from Mexico :slight_smile:

Thank you !
You did a lot of work on this.

yes it overrides the right-click by default, but you can turn it off (and on and offā€¦and so on:)) with the ā€˜right-click menu toggleā€™ at the bottom of the panel.

Thanks again Ozzkar, this has become a major part of my blender interface now. Cant imagine not having it. I hope you dont stop with the improvements, if not with this then perhaps something else in the future. =)

They recently contracted two more developers to focus on the game asset pipeline. If you are interested in showing your support for or adding something you think is important, here is the list for it:

ozzkar you build some good tools.

As 3dsmax user I can only thank you!!!
Very good job! :slight_smile:

Great great and great ā€¦ again thanks ā€¦ Love that addons in blender are also free not like for 3dsā€¦ Does anyone have problem that key shortcut in selecting align tool is not working? M for maximum is underlined but pressing m, c or other does not change target or current object formā€¦ I hope Iā€™m not gonna be thought as align maniacā€¦ just like the way tool work :slight_smile:

ozzkar, can I suggest to add the ā€œbisectā€ mode as slice??
In 3dsmax we have SlicePlane and bisect tool is really similarā€¦

For me it fits better than other methods or at least I think it should be addedā€¦

your mouse must be within the mode selection pop-up/drop-down, i think thatā€™s the blenderā€™s way of telling the window it has focus (?).

iā€™m really glad to read this :wink:

thanks for tip. this will take some time to go through but it looks interesting.

great info, iā€™ll definitely have a look at it. well, this is what i was talking about in OP - these days blender is so huge under the hood and some things are rather hidden.

just a question: which version are you using? i searched for ā€˜bisectā€™ and it seems like it was added 23-aug-13 whereas last release (2.68a - the version iā€™m using) has the release date of 24-jul-13. am i right that this tool is available only in latest svn builds?

@ozzkar
youā€™re right, only latest svn builds

the 2.68a official hasnā€™t got the bisect tool

thanks for info. i think i stay with 2.68a for awhile :wink:

Hi,ozzkar.

is that possible let user define the popup menuā€™s hotkey ?
I like the menu ,but I like blenderā€™s right click select behavior too.

Thanks for this nice tool :slight_smile: