Blendgraph - (does Cycles)

Wow. Excellent work.

Blendgraph 1.0 release.

http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?322496-AddOn-Blendgraph-2-69-(parametric-modeling-and-animation)&p=2546404#post2546404

Happy New Year!

oh man… gotta download this now

i must be doing something wrong lol

I guess I should state that Blendgraph does not work with the official 2.69 release of Blender. That version has bugs in the node system. You may need a new version of 2.69.

Try downloading new version from buildbot.

I think this is the most awesome plugin i have ever seen on blender !Atom you rock !

This is very intuitive work !
Much easier to use than relay and rephrase.
Is there a way to change default font used ?

I am curious to know how we should be using the other system nodes.Thanks again Atom

Hey Atom, this is one of the best add-on for blender! Amazing job, thank you guy

Long time i was not attempted your theme.
Nice job, you get it right. But sverchok-blendgraph need to be compatible at the end… Somehow.
Or not… I’m not sure.
I will try to make online geometry, permanent baking. And maybe this will connect ours addons. At list before this many work. I will investigate your code this month. at list, i’ll try to spend time.

@Atom
how do you use openGL, i cannot see this in your video?

@Nikitron: I used OpenGL, at first, for status and feedback but I have discontinued use. I just use the modal timer now to change status states for nodes/sockets and let the node.update() change the color based upon state. But I left the openGL.py in the AddOn for possible future uses.

Really fantastic work Atom, i’m excited.

I’ve only managed to copy what you do in the video so far… but i’ll keep on trying more stuff =)

Hey atom, gorgeous, again, i wonder, can we have nodes to modify parameters from the objects

for instance i copied what you did in the video, but since the text is created with its origin at the bottom left corner, the animation i do with the cube looks ugly with the letters, i know it’d be easier to move the cube’s origin, but then i’d have to counteranimate and it would of no use, but if we had a way to access the created object properties (at least T/R/S and Origin) that would be grrrrrreat =D

Cheers man!, love your work, big fan.

Yeah origin drives me crazy too. But I guess it’s just my bad habits…

I did some more testing, and here is what i noticed:

• scaling the cube to 0, does not scale text to 0. It seems to be relative: cube scales from 1 to 0, and text from 2 to 1.
  • blender cores dump when in batch mode. you can reproduce if you open a file and right after press F12.
    Of course this might be something wrong with my setup, can someone reproduce it ?

Thanks again Atom :smiley:

I also noticed that and would prefer if the objects could scale to 0.

to give more details, i have this error message:
reviewNodes: UNKNOWN CLASS: <class ‘blendgraph.bg_node_font_repeater.bgFontRepeaterNode’>
reviewNodes: UNKNOWN CLASS: <class ‘blendgraph.bg_node_string.bgStringNode’>

Thanks !

@3pointedit… what bad habits are you talking about?

Oh I tend to create objects at the cursor position instead of at Origin 0,0,0. And I guess I should Reset Origin when I do , but I usually prefer the location that I create the object, I don’t want it to snap to 0,0,0. But not clearing the origin tends to screw up all the constraints etc.

how am i just seeing this… i love you atom

:edit:
nvm the love is gone because blendgraph is just 1 big tease