Blender on smartphone. (phones have better config then 40% of desc top PC's)

Argument that phones has no power is stupid.

1. They are growing faster than anything right now. 4gb ram 3ghz processors
  2. Go to your local electronic store. Take galaxy note 4/5 for example, take stylus to your hand and open sculptgl in firefox browser. And try tu sculpt. This can handle 1.5mil poly, and still you can navigate and sculpt smoothly. Not enought?
    Another thing is that you all think of using blender on 5" screen. You need to know that this can be hooked to tv/monitor and with keyboard and mouse can be used as pc.

there is no argument the don’t have any power anyone thinking the do is kidding themselves.

For office work and on the go work, I would love a tablet machine to sculpt on. And I won’t fib. ARM processors have some alright processing power, For what they are. And the video card portions of some of those tablet devices is well designed.

But also understand that right now as per what the OP suggested. The OP wants a whole new branch of blender just to support his new cellphone. Thats a shit tonne of manhours there. And that is the point where there needs to be a cost/benefit/risk analysis. As someone linked in this thread or the other one the OP started. There already is a workaround for android devices if you wish to get blender running on them.

But also understand this. ARM processors, The ones that tend to be in cellphones and tablets are made with power efficiency in mind, while the desktop intel’s and AMD’s are made for performance. But keep in mind if I am going to be hooking something into an external monitor to work on it is most likely going to have a xenon or I5 at least in it.

Yeah, I think you are right. The guy in the video seems to mention universal apps a few times, so I guess it’s some limited format of application that must be developed with a specific api and sold through the windows store. So not Blender. Still, I did see an article saying that MS were “looking into” win32 support, so there is some small sliver of hope with regard to regular Windows apps. It’s definitely a cool feature though, regardless of app compatibility :slight_smile:

Some time ago I have made an interactive mock-up of how Blender could work on a mobile touch screen. Take a look.

This is honestly a great idea, I always wanted to use blender on my phone… Sometimes I admit I’m getting too fast with blender shortkeys, I want something to slow me down, like continually pinching and expanding a touch screen, and using my finger to select vertices or edge loop pulling, this will surely be more accurate than a mouse or wacom pen.

And think about this for getting it on every phone, just simply use something like java it works everywhere! Blender devs get this into the trunk asap.