Blender Guru Competition: Photo Realism

Yeah that’s just my opinion but I think these two guidelines are obviously not respected.

Kind regards and good luck @everyone

Not disputing the resemblance, just reposted the rules and that Andrew has the say, but yeah, we’ll see what he says.

How’s your entry going btw?

“It must be your own work. No bought/borrowed or third party models allowed”

Dose that mean that i can’t use the CG textures website for this? Only textures taken by my self?

Mine? Actually i’m not doing nothing, don’t know if i have enough time due to works. But the deadline is quite far so, we’ll see! I’d like to participate.

I don’t understand well why 500$ are totally charity, splitting the prize with charity/artist could raise the participants number and level.

Well, I hope you do do something, because your Chez looks incredible (just checked).

Yeah, I was a bit dissapointed at that too, but I really could use the book aswell, so it’s fine with me. Besides, there is an organization I really want to give the money to and the more the better imo.

If Did it correctly this is mine. Not my best work but it looks good.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184593[/ATTACH] Not my best work, but its not bad.
At least i hope its not. =)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184596[/ATTACH] LOL I hope i submitted right this time. =)

hmm… I wonder if this will work.

Andrew is talking about scene and models, not textures, so that’s not a problem. :slight_smile:

Hahaha, now I feel kinda duh, since he clearly says no bought or third party models allowed; nothing about textures.
Thanx for clearing that one up!

Heres my shot at it :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is my work :slight_smile:

Thankyou :smiley: May the best Blender Artist win :stuck_out_tongue:

why are people rushing up with their artwork?? There are plenty of days left!! Chill out guys!!

Lol. They just want critique on their work so they can improve it. I saw a piece that was uploaded about 4 weeks before the deadline, and it got critique on it. The final result was much better and the artist didn’t even see those mistakes.

I am pushing myself (as well is the competition is) A LOT. If it weren’t for this competition, I might never have tried my idea. Not gonna say it. It might take 3 weeks. Glad I already started on it :stuck_out_tongue:

^ I agree, this is not a competition to see who can finish first… :wink:

ya the only reason i submitted was to get advice from better artist than me.

You are correct, the project was inspired by the Evermotion tutorial, but I have modeled it in blender. I did it to see if blender/cycles was comparable to 3DSMax/V-Ray as used in the Evermotion tutorial. I thought the competition was to make a render in blender that was photo-realistic. Sorry, I didn’t notice the rules on the competition page. I have now re-read it. I’m sorry to offend anyone, therefore I withdraw my submission.